• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pretty sad...thanks DS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone willing to share why it was shut down? I hadn't been over there in awhile and answers aren't forthcoming on the "shunned" section of our board.

Just a guess, but I suppose the 'owner' of the board, a sympathetic, active NJA pilot didn't want to risk his career. Yes, I know, freedom of speech, the Confidential email came from another source....blah blah blah. Law suits cost money and time, if it would come to that.
x

Anyone willing to share why it was shut down? I hadn't been over there in awhile and answers aren't forthcoming on the "shunned" section of our board.

Those who should know about it will find out at some point. I think we should all know now, but it's not for me to say. Others, move along. Nothing to see here.

According to the union message board, x402 is correct as to why the furloughed pilot board was shuttered. Terms of service (posting the letter) were broken and fear of lawsuits and for his own job forced the operator to kill it. Can't blame him at all. I just feel bad for all the guys and gals who followed the rules and now are shut out and stuck getting there info here only. This is a fun site to visit, but it is sure hard to distill the truth and reality out of these posts if that is what you are looking for.

As a moderator on the other message board, I can tell you that it makes no difference whether it was made public somewhere else. Posting something that is/was to be kept confidential is a violation of the TOS. It created an issue that eventually led to us deciding to shut the message board down for a little while. Rules are rules folks. It like saying that since the crooks broke the front window to a store, it is ok to take a little bit for yourself since it really wasn't you who broke in.

As a moderator on the other message board, I can tell you that it makes no difference whether it was made public somewhere else. Posting something that is/was to be kept confidential is a violation of the TOS. It created an issue that eventually led to us deciding to shut the message board down for a little while. Rules are rules folks. It like saying that since the crooks broke the front window to a store, it is ok to take a little bit for yourself since it really wasn't you who broke in.

Thats a funny analogy coming from someone that has promoted profiting from the furloughed pilots simply because it wasn't against the contract to take extended days with people on the street.

Rules are rules folks. It like saying that since the crooks broke the front window to a store, it is ok to take a little bit for yourself since it really wasn't you who broke in.

:confused:

Huh? He didn't break the law by committing a crime.... so uh, that boat don't float.

Thats a funny analogy coming from someone that has promoted profiting from the furloughed pilots simply because it wasn't against the contract to take extended days with people on the street.

Ahh, the extended day issue. You won't find any extended days on my paycheck nor will you. I simply told you that if any pilot here decides to take one, it's deffinately within his or her rights.

It's funny how guys like you argue. You can't defend whats going on so you take a deference course. ADD is an ugly thing my friend.

Latest resources

Back