• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Pretty Neat Stuff luggage

vasi

Total Time
I recently purchased a PNT Stealth Next Generation Pilot Bag.

http://www.luggageworksonline.com/product.asp?CatID=1

I saw two of our guys with the same PNT and they added a narrow strip of padding along the metal frame to protect it; they told me they got the padded strip at a skate shop, but so far I've not found this item. I searched online for skate parts and could not find it. Are there any skaters here who know what I'm talking about, or anyone else? What is this item called?

YGBSM

Old flaccid member
Total Time
>0
Where did you fly the C-131?

Last edited:

vasi

Total Time
I flew the C-131 in the clear blue skies over the Caribbean. I was a Naval Aviator who had no real assignment so they moved me to Cuba to be a station pilot. We flew embasy support missions, search and rescue, and a few fun flights for scuba diving; I had an R and R flight to Antigua. We also flew to Jacksonville, and a few other cities in the US.

The C-131 was somewhat advanced for it's time. It had an autopilot and pressurization, and two huge radial engines, R-2800.

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
Anyone know where I can get one of the zippers repaired on my Purdy Neat bag. Prefabaly in the SE and I can't send my bag away for more than a couple of days.

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
Thedude said:
Anyone know where I can get one of the zippers repaired on my Purdy Neat bag. Prefabaly in the SE and I can't send my bag away for more than a couple of days.
http://www.luggageworksonline.com/service.asp

"If you need a loaner bag while yours is being serviced, we will gladly send you one. You pay only the shipping."

bafanguy

Total Time
Thedude said:
Probably hard to beat TonyC's info, but if you're in the ATL area, I had a good experience some time back with Luggage Service of Georgia in Forest Park, 931 Main St.

404-363-8226
800-878-8222

Nice folks who had parts for the PNT bags, fair price. Hope this helps.

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
I think the guy that works at the Stop over Store in MSP told me the zipper repair was free if it was still under warranty and Purdy Neat charges a min of $35. I think it should be free since it happened within about 6 months of purchasing the bag but then again I am a cheap bastard.

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
After the nuclear holocaust wipes out all civilization there will be two things left...

Cockroaches and Purdy Neat bags. :) TC

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
Total Time
oodles
From the LuggageWorks Website:
"Special Notice - Southwest Pilots should order the 102NG in lieu of the 103NG. The storage space on Southwest planes is too narrow for the 103NG and will result in damage to the bag that is not covered by the LuggageWorks warranty."

Sheesh, even the luggage doesn't get any legroom!

Pedro

Not too happy...
Total Time
$$$$$$
I am a proud owner of the 102NG and I love it, that thing is bullet proof!!

bigsky

Total Time
I too am a fan of purdy neat bags and have 2 myself. I have come to realize they are not so bullet proof though, as one only needs to check it a few times. I am not sure what those baggage handlers do but twice my bag has come back with the main steel bars all bent-- my bag has that sexy hour glass figure.