• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

President of ALPA tells regionals to bend over

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, but I don't waste time arguing with children who use the term ALPO, thinking they're clever. :rolleyes:

ALPO was coined many decades ago...children...I might be your dad....better be careful....after you struck and put your company out of business..then tell me about being Mr Alpa...you have no clue

Last edited:
You're an idiot. The regional carriers cost ALPA far more money than they bring in in dues.

BS, if that is really the case then they must really be drinking the country club dry.

As an example, if SkyWest was alpa it would be dumping around 4 mil a year into Moak's wallet.

I would imagine alpas budget is around 100 mil?

BS, if that is really the case then they must really be drinking the country club dry.

As an example, if SkyWest was alpa it would be dumping around 4 mil a year into Moak's wallet.

I would imagine alpas budget is around 100 mil?

The bigger regionals like Eagle and XJT may actually be in the positive. But the smaller ones outnumber the bigger ones.

The bigger regionals like Eagle and XJT may actually be in the positive. But the smaller ones outnumber the bigger ones.

Doesn't really make sense but I'm sure it's what has been said for years, it's just been said so many times it's believed without scrutiny.

The numbers aren't a secret. You can see them for yourself. Just call up Herndon and schedule an appointment.

The numbers aren't a secret. You can see them for yourself. Just call up Herndon and schedule an appointment.

Maybe you can just enlighten us with some pre-canned alpa quote?

Otherwise the math just doesn't add up, just the same old saying that the regional's don't pull their weight.

However, it may be the reason that alpa has signed off on 2 pathetic, back pedaling contracts.

They're probably a little busy celebrating the signing of another bar lowering contract by an ALPA regional that should never have allowed to have been put to a vote...

Maybe you can just enlighten us with some pre-canned alpa quote?

Otherwise the math just doesn't add up, just the same old saying that the regional's don't pull their weight.

However, it may be the reason that alpa has signed off on 2 pathetic, back pedaling contracts.

Yes, the math certainly adds up. You have to look at it over a period of several years. During a slow year between contracts, they pull their weight. But when it comes time for contract negotiations, it's not even close, which takes them negative. The smaller regionals go deeply negative, the bigger ones not so bad, but none of them can really pull their own weight. ASA/XJT may eventually be able to, but even the first "super-regional" Endeavor is struggling to pay down its loan balance.

It's actually genius. Drive the pay and QOL into the toilet, no one can afford to come into the industry, supply of pilots becomes thin, price for existing pilots goes up.....

Latest resources

Back