• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Preparing for Medicals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Watch what where you check marks stray on the medical sheet.

When I was going for my first medical ever I just started checking all the no s really fast. Well, one of my hasty check marks strayed into an area it should not have:) So, just be watchful on that!

Wankel

the most important thing about a medical exam is WHO YOU GET IT FROM. Ask fellow pilots who they go to and what they think. You will hear stories about doctors that take hours to test every hair on your head, make you sweat through the eye test, give you a tone hearing test, and a list of other things that are or are not on the paperwork. Yow will hear of others that have you in and out in under ten minutes. A simple look at you and a "can you read that sign over there" covers almost everything. It is your license and job. Who do you want to see???

And one more thing, Don't ask a AME anything about things that may be bothering you. Get a normal Doc to trouble shoot any problems. You are just digging a hole you really don't want to be in and will have a hell of a time getting out of!!

First Class Medical

How hard is it to keep your first class medical? Do you guys exsercise all the time to keep it, or is it pretty easy to get? THANKS

tjo024:rolleyes:

i think that you can answer your own question there. Take a walk down the terminal and look at the typical airline pilot. If the over-weight, glasses, balding, 58 year old man you see in the stripes can get one, you should have no trouble

Outside stimuli can affect your blood pressure, so you may want to take that into consideration.

I was getting a company physical once and they had me sit in one of those old school desks with the half desk tops on one side like in the old school days. The nurse that administered the test was all of about 275 pounds and pushing 80 years old. She had me lay my out my arm on this desk top to get the cuff around my bicep. As she leaned over to do that, she rested one of her massive mammaries into my open palm and started pumping up the cuff. She read my blood pressure and stated that it was within limits but it was a little on the high side. Hmmmm?

I prepare for my medical using the following technique:

The night before my medical, I take off all my clothes and run thru my neighborhood screaming " I've got a medical tomorrow!"

This wakes up my neighbors giving them something to talk about and I get some fresh air while I exercise!

Pretty neat, huh?

Latest resources

Back