• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Preparing for comm multi initial...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I made a list of all the questions that were covered on my initial multi ride, and lucky for you I just happen to have found them!

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Buss Systems
What lights would you see with alternator failures.
Gave scenario with circuit breakers and gear horn.
Be familiar with pressure switches, and down lock switches, as well as circuit breakers.

HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
Know about the motor, and how it works
What type of hydraulic fluid does it use
Where are the different reservoirs and pump is located
What on the aircraft uses hydraulics.
What holds up landing gear.
Know the limits of the gear lever/motor.
Why is there a motor that retracts and extends the gear?
Gave scenario of a hydraulic leak and how it would effect the gear in the retract position.

BRAKE SYSTEM
Very basic, maybe a couple questions.

FUEL SYSTEM
Why do we have fuel pumps and how many do we have.
Give scenario of 40 gallons in left tank, 30 gallons in right tank, and ask what tank you'd cross feed from.
Be prepared to explain in vague detail how cross feeding works.

PROPELLER SYSTEM
Know details of what causes prop to feather, and unfeather.
Know position (forward or back) of piston when in the feather/unfeather position. time it takes for prop to feather. understand operation of governor, and how it relates to the accumulator. know the purposes of locking pins and how they operate. recommended airspeed to start unfeathering prop.

ENGINES - Just know the basic details of the engine.

WEIGHT & BALANCE / C.G.
Went over weight and balance, and a couple questions regarding the calculated C.G.
Know which direction the C.G. moves (aft or fwd) as the fuel burns off, and why for bonus points.
Know flight and stall characteristics of both an aft and forward C.G.

PERFORMANCE CHARTS
Single Engine Climb, Single Engine Service Ceiling, Accelerate Stop (also know how to get accel/stop distance without having chart to reference) know defs of service ceilings and absolute ceilings.

MAINTENANCE LOGS
know who can perform preventive mx
know how to endorse mx book if prev maint is done
know what far part to reference regarding mx procedures
very basic mel knowledge
know who can perform 100 hr, annual inspections
show the aircraft and engines airworthy (mainly just last annual and 100 hr)
** good idea to bring operating hanbook (official copy inside the aircraft) with you, as he referenced and made us look up some info in there a couple times)

MISCELLANEOUS
Factors that manufactures use to determine Vmc

Gave several examples regarding US Convential Twins
KNOW what four things make an engine critical

Know the four forces created when flying in a slide slip condition

Disadvantages of side slipping

User997: Your avatar is obscene and inappropriate for this board. This board is for professionals in aviation. Plus it is probably offensive to women, high minded people and Mormons, don't you agree. This is a new world and I can guarantee that such displays in the work place will get anyone fired immediately. So at the least it is a bad example of acceptable humor.

However, on a personal basis I do like the photo, so if you will, please email it to me.

UndauntedFlyer said:
User997: Your avatar is obscene and inappropriate for this board. This board is for professionals in aviation. Plus it is probably offensive to women, high minded people and Mormons, don't you agree. This is a new world and I can guarantee that such displays in the work place will get anyone fired immediately. So at the least it is a bad example of acceptable humor.
Surely you can't be serious about any of what you just wrote??

UndauntedFlyer said:
User997:
However, on a personal basis I do like the photo, so if you will, please email it to me.

I hope the above quote from my post shows my intentions were not really serious. Hope you didn't lose any sleep think I was too serious.

Keep up the good work but you may want to change the photo only because someone, maybe Avbug when he returns, may become a serious critic.

Last edited:
User997 said:
Surely you can't be serious about any of what you just wrote??
If he's not, I am.
Seriously, I scan this board at my workplace, and those types of avitars are offensive to me at this place. And you aren't the only one. I have just had to tolerate it.

I have other places and times when they are appealing to me, but not at the workplace. That also goes for me on the flight line and in the cockpit.

I'm old and I'm not bold. That's how I got here. I stay focused on the object at hand. Don't put pink flesh in my field of vision when I'm flying.

Now...that's me. Why do you think that is an attractive avitar for a flight training discussion board?

Latest resources

Back