Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gkrangers

college = debt
Lets get your stories and any tough questions, "Gotchas", etc the DE happened to ask you for the oral, or the checkride for that matter...

Thanks...every little bit of preparation helps.

Flying a Beeches Duchcraft..errr...Duchess Beechraft...I mean Beechcraft Duchess.....

Know your systems. . . know your systems. . . know your systems. Be able to explain the operation of the prop governors, landing gear, etc. Where is the battery located again? And why is it there? Good luck and have fun!

I don't know if the Duchess has this limitation, but the Seminole has a restriction that you can only be on cross-feed when flying straight and level. One examiner I know had everyone go to cross-feed, then he'd ask them to climb 500 ft. 90% of the applicants wouldn't put it back on normal fuel feed before they started to climb. Got a lot of people in trouble. So if the Duchess has that limitation or a similar one, watch out for it.

flyer172r said:
So if the Duchess has that limitation or a similar one, watch out for it.
No such limitation on the Duchess.

Now... Why is there a stall horn thingymabobber on each wing?

gkrangers- Do your checkride with Adam B. @ KVNY, you won't need to study. Just comment on how lovely his wife looks in the picture above his desk and he'll take you on a 4 hour journey through his life: WWII ace, personal friend of Elvis, Hollywood acting career, he'll even read some chapters from his latest book. Plus, the guy claims to have upwards of 70K hours!;)

Know multi engine aerodynamics well.

Know everything that casues Vmc to fluctuate.

What affects performance and control. Both are compromises to eachother in that somethings help performance and hurt control and vice versa.

HMR said:
No such limitation on the Duchess.

Now... Why is there a stall horn thingymabobber on each wing?
Ummm..for redundancy? :p

Right wing is active with more than 16* flaps, left wing with less...

LewisU_Pilot said:
Systems, VMC, AERODYNAMICS (multi & single-engine), and privileges were a big one on my ride.
This is generally what I've been thinking.

Systems, Aerodynamics, and Regs...which I guess really covers everything.

Latest resources

Back