pregnant???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whoop whoop.. pull out, pull out the automation is there for a reason

I had this conversation with a passenger when I was DH'ing and his answer surprised me. He said he LIKED pregnant pilots because he felt safer. Since she was likely nesting, she wouldn't do anything to harm herself or her baby. Interesting....

dhc8fo said:
I had this conversation with a passenger when I was DH'ing and his answer surprised me. He said he LIKED pregnant pilots because he felt safer. Since she was likely nesting, she wouldn't do anything to harm herself or her baby. Interesting....

He must mean after the morning sickness is over

dhc8fo said:

So by that logic, he believes that the average idoit (like myself) would do something to harm himself (or herself)?

Air France CVR recording...

"...Hey, you wanna run this thing off the end of the runway?"

"Do you think we'll get hurt?"

"I'll make sure of it."

"You're not pregnant are you?"

"Of course not, why would I run an airplane into a ditch if I were pregnant?"

"Just checking, I think ref and 30 should work."

"We'll use 40, just to make sure."

"Good idea."

I can't believe that the airlines will let them get to the 7th month. I think that women in aviation are a good thing, but I just think that a woman that far along in a cockpit is a bad thing. Not just the aspect of the mood swings and hormones, but I would think that the possibility of her having a complication while flying would be a safety aspect. "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is First Officer your name speaking, we need to make an emergency landing in any airportdue to our Captain having pregnancy complications. We apologize for any inconvienence. Thanks for flying any airline."

If a female pilot is pregnant, she has to be cleared to fly by her physician. Pregnancy can cause physical changes that would make your medical certificate invalid (high blood pressure and morning sickness as examples). Most physicians won't allow a pregnant pilot to work past six months because of the risk of complications.

Some women show more than others. Someone who looks far along may only be six months pg, while others barely show.

wait a second everybody. lets take a step back from pregnant women flying. ARE THEY REALLY PUTTING HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE'S LIFE IN DANGER BY LETTING A WOMAN FLY? what has the world came to? FORGET the whole pregnancy thing. I have almost been killed 3 times by women pilots. If I see one in the pilot seat or even close to it I run. I run as far as I can. Even if it means that i will be stuck in LAX for 3 days. I really value life. Now don't even get me started on pregnant women!

Well, while I don't agree with what splatattack says, I have had some not so plesant experiences at the hands of female pilots also. But to put it in perspective, I have hand alot more unplesant experiences with male pilots. There are good and bad in both sexes. I have have seen alot of pilots(both sexes) that shouldn't even be flying a kite, let alone an airplane. As long as a female pilot is held to the same standards as the guys, I have no problem with flying with them. It is only when I see them pass a checkride that a guy would have surely failed that I start to have second thoughts. But then again, that is the examiner's fault, not the pilot's. On a lighter note,

What do you call an all female flight crew?

A cock-less pit

Don't kill me ladies, it is only a joke

What do you call an all female flight crew?

A cock-less pit

It's supposed to be - A BOX OFFICE

You dumba$$

edited to add name calling

Latest resources

Back