Preflighting the Citation X

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hobbes

I would like to see some input from folks on preflighting the Citation X. One guy I met from NJ told me that at one point they were certain they had the "safest fleet of Citation X's in the world." I think that is a goal well worth all of us striving for.

So, would some folks please come on here and share some gems to help us in our quest for safety?

My meager initial input:

1. Check Gen 1,2, and APU GCUs in tail for fault indications.

2. Either color of "ACFT MAINTENANCE" should always be written up. Cessna says that the message has to be dealt with within 10 hours of the message, and the MEL has a mechanic verify the cause prior to signing it off for your 10 hours.

Depends on your MEL...That lav sink water heater must work or be MEL'd by a mechanic. Lav won't service from the outside? It is broke and needs to mel'd by a mechanic.

Emer Floor Lighting...in front of both exits...like 5 ft long...no 2 bulbs in a row can be out plus some other limits.

Nose wheel shimmy...not accurate abort numbers.

Kick the tires and light the fires usually works!

If you don't like what you see, CTRL ALT DELETE works well on this plane.

If you still don't like what you see, are you the capt? If not, then no sweat! If so, assume the position (blackberry to ear after dialing maintenance).

Hope this helps!

I like to check the stalk lights. It's a tough thing to do in the daytime. No night ops with only one (depending on your MEL).

Thanks Otto, we often forget about those until we need them. This is more or less a "bump" post....come one NJ X guys! Let's have some sharing of the good info...

BUMP

I have heard that with relation to the emergency lights that any of the reading lights that shine down on the emergency system is a grounding item.

I have also been hearing that the hydraulic lines around the MLG uplocks are very prone to leaking fluid.

Come on Net Jets guys, lets hear some good info to help keep us safe out there!!

These threads are getting retarded.

I really think we need a sub forum for this.

Bump

We owe it to HIG to make aure we run a safe and legal operation.

Latest resources

Back