Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
Anybody have any good tips...what to look out for? Dangerously sharp knifes? Old mayonnaise? Kickn' chickn...

Let me know I am new to this whole thing.

Thanks!

Go with your gut. If it looks, smells, tastes, feels bad. It is.

Food poisoning is sadly a common occurence with crew food, and is NOT fun.

I got some fish the other day, started cutting and was surprised how difficult it was. After I got it cut, since it was night I turned on my map light, I noticed it was only seared on the edge of the outside. All pink elsewhere.

never ever ever eat a crew meal in the dark.

Especially if its chicken.

If you've started eating and its dark though don't turn on the lights till you're done because you won't like what you see.

Anybody have any good tips...what to look out for? Dangerously sharp knifes? Old mayonnaise? Kickn' chickn...

Keep it refrigerated absolutely as much as possible. I keep an extra soda cooler from the locker to put the crew food in.

If I want to carry a meal for a later leg, I'll try and keep it back in the cargo bin to keep it extra cool. Be sure to remove anything that'll blow in the unpressurized cargo areas, like yogurt. Ask me how I know. :eek:

Don't order fish from non-coastal states. :D

And like fischman says, go with your gut -- or you'll be clutching it in a couple of hours!

To be an effective pilot, you need to start building up your stomach tolerance. Start by letting your meals sit for 4 hours in the jet. Then over time increase the time you let them sit until you can eat them after being left over night. Eventually you will be able to eat anything anywhere!

Of course if you went to college and ate pizza left overnight you already have a head start.:D :puke:

This WILL get you Fired!

Don't order fish from non-coastal states. :D
And if you're unfortunate enough to work for Flops and don't have a choice? Take the requisite 2 hour delay so you can get yourself properly nourished for the leg you are about to attempt.

Oh, and pay your dues.

This is no joke. If you have a Safety of Flight need for nourishment, go get some food, bring it back to the airplane, and press on.

Do not delay a flight over food for more time than it takes to obtain food. You have a right and obligation to be properly nourished prior to flying. You do not have a right to sit down to a relaxing lunch because you don't like your crew meal.

Get the Food and Go.

Our Management is like a wounded animal right now. Do what is required to remain Safe, but don't give them the excuse they need to bite your head off.

Freedom is not Free.

This is no joke. If you have a Safety of Flight need for nourishment, go get some food, bring it back to the airplane, and press on.

Do not delay a flight over food for more time than it takes to obtain food. You have a right and obligation to be properly nourished prior to flying. You do not have a right to sit down to a relaxing lunch because you don't like your crew meal.

Get the Food and Go.

Our Management is like a wounded animal right now. Do what is required to remain Safe, but don't give them the excuse they need to bite your head off.

Freedom is not Free.

Crew meal received at 1200
Prflight duties partially completed at 1220
Crew car requested at 1220 (car out)
Crew orders Applebee's To Go at 1230
Crew car arrives at 1300
Crew drives 15 minutes to pick-up Applebee's To Go at 1315
Crew has food delivered to car and gives credit card at 1320
Crew receives credit card slip and signs at 1325
Crew leaves parking lot at 1325
Crew drives 15 minutes back to airport 1340
Crew returns crew car keys at 1345
Crew walks to airplane, does final walk around at 1350
Crew (at the speed of negotiations) runs appropriate checklist and hits start button at 1355

Sorry, I stand corrected, what I SHOULD have said is. . .

Take the 1:55 minute delay and get yourself fed!!!

Latest resources

Back