Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DaveGriffin

Registered Self-Abuser
Any predictions for the results of the TA vote, which closes today at 1500 EST?

I believe it will pass by a 55% or greater margin.The new senior guys, who actively supported the raping and pillaging by the recently retired old senior guys, have way too much to lose to let a strike happen.

That’s why the MEC built in the arbitration clause. It guarantees no strike and no liquidation of Delta.

DaveGriffin said:

I believe it will pass by a 55% or greater margin.The new senior guys, who actively supported the raping and pillaging by the recently retired old senior guys, have way too much to lose to let a strike happen.

That’s why the MEC built in the arbitration clause. It guarantees no strike and no liquidation of Delta.

Dave:
My best guess, it passes by more than 70%!
voted no!

DaveGriffin said:

The real question is: By how much will the next concessionary TA pass.

DaveGriffin said:

there is no arbitration in this TA. If we are unable to come to terms on a comprehensive deal by March, the decision on whether or not the company can throw out the pilots contract will be made by a three party neutral panel instead of the judge. That is the only thing the panel will consider. If the panel decides to throw out the contract, the result is the same as if the judge had done it. The pilots (assuming no interference from the government) would be free to strike.

There is nothing in this TA which guarantees no strike, though in my humble opinion it does hurt our ability to strike, hence my no vote.

michael707767 said:
there is no arbitration in this TA. If we are unable to come to terms on a comprehensive deal by March, the decision on whether or not the company can throw out the pilots contract will be made by a three party neutral panel instead of the judge. That is the only thing the panel will consider. If the panel decides to throw out the contract, the result is the same as if the judge had done it. The pilots (assuming no interference from the government) would be free to strike.

There is nothing in this TA which guarantees no strike, though in my humble opinion it does hurt our ability to strike, hence my no vote.

You are correct michael707767. My use of the term 'guarentee' is too strong.

But the third party neutral panel's decision is final and binding. The TA authors can call it what they want but it is nothing more than arbitration under another name. What is the purpose of taking the decsion out of the judge's hands? It greatly reduces the chances of authorizing the rejection of the PWA and a stike/liquidation.

The strike preparedness committee BS was nothing more than a bone tossed to the stike-prone to give them the false impression that a strike was a real option. The MEC did its best in the TA to take that option away.

DaveGriffin said:
But the third party neutral panel's decision is final and binding. The TA authors can call it what they want but it is nothing more than arbitration under another name. What is the purpose of taking the decsion out of the judge's hands? It greatly reduces the chances of authorizing the rejection of the PWA and a stike/liquidation..

The purpose of taking the decision out of the hands of the judge was to get the decision in the hands of someone who understood airline contracts. Both sides wanted this from what I am told. The judge is smart, but it would take more time than was available to go into and explain all the details of a pilot contract.

As far as greatly reducing the chances of a PWA rejection, I disagree. I think we had about a 10% chance in front of the judge, and personally I think the odds are about the same in front of the panel.

I bet it passes 65/35.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DaveGriffin said:
You are correct michael707767. My use of the term 'guarentee' is too strong.

But the third party neutral panel's decision is final and binding. The TA authors can call it what they want but it is nothing more than arbitration under another name. What is the purpose of taking the decsion out of the judge's hands? It greatly reduces the chances of authorizing the rejection of the PWA and a stike/liquidation.

The strike preparedness committee BS was nothing more than a bone tossed to the stike-prone to give them the false impression that a strike was a real option. The MEC did its best in the TA to take that option away.

As usual, you have absolutely 0 idea of what you are talking about

Latest resources

Back