• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Predator pilots out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good to see you again scrappy. I missed your emotional quips. You sure do get worked up about stuff huh? Maybe you should go kick your dog or run to the gym or something. You need to release some stress.

So, what's your argument now? That everyone should wear bags? The ones with the cool creases in them? OK, how about, pilots get green bags, missileers get blue ones, mx get dark grey, shoeclerks wear pink and predator crews get orange? It would be easier to know exactly what job everyone has, like the navy.

Have a super day!:)
.01 Aviator.

Good to see you again scrappy. I missed your emotional quips. You sure do get worked up about stuff huh? Maybe you should go kick your dog or run to the gym or something. You need to release some stress.

So, what's your argument now? That everyone should wear bags? The ones with the cool creases in them? OK, how about, pilots get green bags, missileers get blue ones, mx get dark grey, shoeclerks wear pink and predator crews get orange? It would be easier to know exactly what job everyone has, like the navy.

Have a super day!:)
.01 Aviator.

Nope - my MO is many a predator guys are extremely well qualified and skilled aviators from solid backgrounds. 99 out of 100 times them flying the predator is not a hit on them, it's sh*tty timing for them when their assignment time came up. For you to crap on them is a farce. As far as the cool creases - you can keep that. And the pink would fit you perfectly. I don't own a dog, and I just finished with a very good workout at the gym. And your desricption of you being a .01 aviator is right on the money - don't forget it.

Don't you have a circus to attend to? Don't forget your floppy shoes.

More power to you guys! Thanks for the hard work.

Where you are getting the nasty comments stems from those who haven't "flown" an aircraft and calling themselves pilots because of their time with a remote control.

Case in point...I was in Guam on a mission where my crew ran into an ex-crew chief of our squadron. I didn't recognize him with the long hair and beard, but he stated that he was a pilot in the introductions. Interesting, until I found out he considered himself a pilot because he "flew" Predators. He made an even bigger tool of himself when he gave out a little too much information about who, what and where.

As a current fighter pilot who is also brac'd....I am thinking (not very hard sts) about going to a predator unit. Do you think I give a flying hell what anyone thinks of me?? Go through a BRAC and tell me that you aren't left with a bad taste in your mouth (sts). Now that I read this thread....I think I am more likely to join a predator unit. I actually have more respect for the guy (or gal) who sacrficied the fighter for his family and a predator. That is commitment.

I like what Albie said......shack a rag head and have dinner with the family. I also heard there is a lot of cash involved with the predators.....

Bearcat,

I seen a good bit of job postings at Nellis (Creech) for TR's and full timers lately. Beyond the MQ-1/9 they have some agressor slots recently advertised. I know it's a Viper but you never know.

Az is slated to get a unit as well. One of my former NCOs just went to the school and is slated to go back to Az, I can't remember PHX or Tucson.

I'm new to the reserves life but the word at our unit is if BRAC'd you should be given some priority at another unit if interested.

We just picked up a guy from Fargo, great guy and a wingman. Ft Smith just got Hogs if Arkansas is of any interest?

Good luck

Probably for the same reason the silo-dwellers wear bags. Because they bitched when they felt left out and the kinder-gentler af gave them bags. At least the pred guys have a mission with aircraft.

I'm surprised that every shoe clerk in admin isn't wearing a bag by now.

Not the same. Predator pilots are solely pilots/navs. All came from other weapon systems until recently.

The Ellington UPT thing is kind of weird. Must be some kind of politics. It'd be cheaper to send someone to nav school and finish their comm/instrument. I think nav candidates get 20 or 40 hrs of flight time now anyway?

Wow, that's worse than the poor Sioux City guys (another good group) that went from 16s to E-model -135s. Sad state of affairs. What exactly is lampooned and what does it have to do with those poor ********************s getting preds?

Anyone know the name of the cajun (I think it was cajun--dang good food though) restaurant outside the gate at Ellington?

and then there's this dude. . . .slammin the gas-wagon, cause Lord knows the "poor" Sioux City guys are sucking buttermilk with the POS tanker. . . . actually there prolly sitting at Waikiki sippin Mai Tai's. . .man do you have this military flying gig all figured out. .

Not the same. Predator pilots are solely pilots/navs. All came from other weapon systems until recently.

The Ellington UPT thing is kind of weird. Must be some kind of politics. It'd be cheaper to send someone to nav school and finish their comm/instrument. I think nav candidates get 20 or 40 hrs of flight time now anyway?

The FAA wants drone pilots to have a Commerical rating, which the Air Force doesn't provide to navs.

Nope - my MO is many a predator guys are extremely well qualified and skilled aviators from solid backgrounds. 99 out of 100 times them flying the predator is not a hit on them, it's sh*tty timing for them when their assignment time came up.

I'd agree with you on many points. If I had only one complaint about the Pred community it's the lack of info they provide to other airplayers. They are a quiet bunch overhead the target. Every once in a while you'll get a good dude who will actively participate/help out during the engagement but for the most part it's like a library up there. This seems to be changing... but it's a very slow process.

Latest resources

Back