• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Pre-CFI ride, ride...

Jmmccutc

Go away Peg.
Total Time
:-)
ok, i'm just about to go on the mock oral/ride that my school does before they send you with the FED's for your CFI ticket...my prepared topic for the presentation part is forces acting on an aircraft in a turn, i've written a pretty killer ground school (considering i'm limited to 20mins) but i'm stuck on one thing...an attention getter...you know that crafty little phrase that you open the lesson with that just "sucks" the student in and makes them want to learn all about what you're gonna teach...i had a few ideas but i'm not sure how they'd go over infront of our cheif pilot...so i thought i'd throw an invitaion out there to see who can come up with a creative attention getter...

areas to avoid:

1. beer/adult beverages
2. hookers/dancers
3. the Pope

(I had ideas that involved all three at the same time but didn't think it'd be appropriate...lol)

thanks, Jake

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Total Time
just toss an M-80 (I know they don't make them anymore) towards the back of the classroom...as soon as that baby goes off (and they recover) everyone will be looking at you wide-eyed. Then you say, "Now that I have your attention, we can get started. Today we are going to talk about..."

Good luck!

JoeMhama

INOP
Total Time
good luck

Hey Jake GL on the x-check, who ya goin with? gimme a pm, tell me how it went

mar

Remember this one?
Total Time
Ever been in a Turkish prison?

On second thought, don't use that one.

Serious question Jmmccutc: While you were preparing for this lesson what did *you* learn?

Like most things it's usually better if you approach it from a personal (genuine) standpoint.

Did you hit the finer points like:

--the change in relative wind and weathervaning effect
--adverse yaw and why one aileron goes up more than the other one goes down
--the need for opposite aileron in a steep turn

etc...

You might have to help us out a little here. It's hard to impress the Feds (they think they know it all anyway....)

And good luck man.

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
Jmmccutc said:
ok, i'm just about to go on the mock oral/ride that my school does before they send you with the FED's for your CFI ticket...my prepared topic for the presentation part is forces acting on an aircraft in a turn, i've written a pretty killer ground school (considering i'm limited to 20mins) but i'm stuck on one thing...an attention getter...you know that crafty little phrase that you open the lesson with that just "sucks" the student in and makes them want to learn all about what you're gonna teach...i had a few ideas but i'm not sure how they'd go over infront of our cheif pilot...so i thought i'd throw an invitaion out there to see who can come up with a creative attention getter...

areas to avoid:

1. beer/adult beverages
2. hookers/dancers
3. the Pope

(I had ideas that involved all three at the same time but didn't think it'd be appropriate...lol)

thanks, Jake
I empathize with you...

I was prepping a few minutes before my CFI ride with a couple of classmates and had drawn diagrams on the chalk board and was doing some classroom flying and the DE walks in and says, "oral's over, let's go fly!"

That Jimbrowski must have been listening in at the door...tripped me the hell out.

Sounds like you are preparing well...good luck with the ride.