• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

pre-buy on ce-500 ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am looking for recomindations on service centers, for a pre-buy on a ce-500. I would also like to know what would be a "ball park" price, for that inspection? thanks.

Call Rick Laulsky at Premeir Air Center Alton Il. Hell tell you everything you need to know. You should get a Citation 2 instead. 1.8-3.0 mil.

DO NOT take it to a Citation Service Center!

I repeat, DO NOT take it to a Citation Service Center!

Citation, as most jet service centers, does not give any regard to your money! Also, they don't know all that much about the older CE-500's. If you have a new Excel, under warranty, that is the place to go. However I know of an early model Excel that Wichita screwed up when they were installing an APU....cut the hole to big and ended up replacing most of the tail section! It's tough to find a good facility for jet maintenance that you can trust and not overcharge you. After going from shop to shop for a while, we finally hired our own mechanic, and it was worth its weight in gold...saved gobs of money and the aircraft was very well kept.

What year/model of aircraft are you specifically looking at? I'll try and give you some more advice.

Good Luck,
JetPilot500

JetPilot500 said:
After going from shop to shop for a while, WE finally hired our own mechanic, and it was worth its weight in gold...

"WE".... You don't work "THERE" anymore!... 2 weeks ago, yes... but not no mo'!

Now they are "them" are we are "US"!

Comprende'????

Last edited:
pre-buy on CE-500

I have used a guy by the name of Bill Zink out of Sarasota, Fla on numerous occasions. He ain't cheap, but he is throrough and honest. He is a pilot as well as a mechanic.

PM me if you want contact info.

RJones said:
Shot down...was that a Missle or Guns?

Inside story, but if you look closely you will notice JetPilot500's avatar sorta resembles what kind of plane??? Don't look like a Citation 500 anymore (his "old" avatar)

OUCH! I think that was a missile!

Pre-pre-buy

I wanted to bump this thread up to the top and also get some advice from all you experienced jet operators. The gentleman I have been flying for has been wanting to buy another aircraft for quite some time. We have found a reposessed '75 CE500 LW SP for the right price.

In order to ferry it up, we'd need to make an offer, get lawyers involved and sign a contract. He would rather I go down there and check it out myself and let him know what I think. I've never purchased a plane and have no jet experience. What sort of things should I be looking for? A friend/the broker has seen the plane and claims it's in excellent shape and worth a good $300k more than asking price. I've got pictures and the spec sheet and tend to agree.

The next step in the process would be to make up a purchase agreement, escrow a down-payment, have him demo it and take it to a pre-buy shop if he's happy with the ride.

I'm making airline arrangements now, any advice would be very much appreciated.

-PJ

Latest resources

Back