• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I guess the prayers worked!

Cliff
MFE

We will see if he blesses us in the sim next week

MissKittyKat said:
3. Stop supporting the Japanese auto industry and we will do well.

Last I checked the Japanese companies like Toyota and Korean carmaker Hyundai are opening plants and creating jobs in the US while US carmakers are trying to shift production to Mexico. Look where all those Dodge trucks get made.

When American carmakers can produce superior vehicles in terms of quality, reliability, efficiency, and resale they will increase their market share and drive away foreign competition. If we want to sell our products abroad we have to allow foreign competion. Isolationism will not work in the modern world.

Japanese companies reinvest more of their profits in R&D and quality as opposed to US companies that prefer to enrich upper management. A Japanese executive has his comepnsation capped based on what the lowest paid assembly line worker makes. I'm not sure of the exact number but I think the Japanese CEO's cannot make more than 40 times as much as the lowest paid worker.

Another problem faced by US companies is health care costs that have gone out of control. Our president and Congress are afraid to ruffle the feathers of the medical and pharmaceutical industries which donate millions of dollars to both parties. Current thinking in government and industry is to shift health care costs to the consumer instead of attacking the core issues. All of our leaders are focused on the short term and staying in power rather than making a serious effort tackling the real issues.

I don't think Ameristar management would help anyway...take a look at their track record. Granted, they haven't taken a pay cut such as USA, but they were put on a pay freeze "until such time as business picks up". That was four years ago. Since then, they've had some of their busiest seasons ever.
The moral of the story?
Management is the same eveywhere. None of them can or will give the grunts the straight story.

Remember when it was us against them?

Latest resources

Back