• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Practical cost savings for ASA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't doubt for a minute that we have too many people in the GO doing nothing more than drinking coffee and complaining about pilots and FAs.

And they don't doubt for a minute that there are pilots on nap reserve with 25+ days off a month collecting a full paycheck for playing XBOX....

Then a pilot will have to explain to them an on call pilot is "not really a day off"

Point is, I find it very rude and wrong just to go nosing around a corporate office then proclaiming there's too many people without having the slightest idea the responsibilities and duties of these workers. Especially when your very own department is overstaffed. These people are humans and have families to feed as well. Have a little respect...

Last edited:
Point is, I find it very rude and wrong just to go nosing around a corporate office then proclaiming there's too many people without having the slightest idea the responsibilities and duties of these workers. Especially when your very own department is overstaffed. These people are humans and have families to feed as well. Have a little respect...

Where's my violin..

I ate a crew meal about 2 weeks ago. I had to take it off the truck myself, though. What do you mean? Are they gone?

Kudos to you for a well

I believe that my tenure here is an asset, not an impediment to objective thought. On three separate occasions I toured the GO and observed the same thing: a lot of people not doing a whole lot.

As much as it would make sense for people to be working flat out 100% productive all the time from 8 to 5, that is simply an unrealistic goal. As someone else said, work flows are not constant, just as they aren't constant in our jobs either. We are especially busy from 30 minutes prior to a flight until above 10,000 feet, then it is cake for however long cruise is. A benefit's worker is probably pretty idle until they get 5 calls in a row, but for them to be 100% productive, there would have to be a lot of waiting and message leaving on our parts when we wanted to get someone on the phone. It is already hard enough to get someone to actually answer their phone!

I know you aren't being intentionally disrespectful, but it would come across that way to someone who works in the office, and thinks they and those around them are doing a good job with the tools made available to them. That's really my only point. I don't think that we shouldn't look at the office, and determine what can be cut, but believe me, the people who work there are working.

I bet if you contacted a department and asked to shadow them, they would accommodate you, by the way. You may have some insights, and they may have some for you as well.

You mean your business consulting & teaching background gives you the ability to eyeball any company and tell if there's too many people? Common sense must go a long ways these days....

Well, frankly, yes: I do have the ability to see a company that is fat on payroll. Give me access to the operating books and I would prove this point.

It seems the the VP of flight ops agrees with me.

I acquired this common sense while working through my ratings to get to this point in my career. You may read that as I didn't have mommy and daddy to help me. How 'bout you?

Clearly, this stinks for the people who will soon be losing their jobs. If you believe that I find joy in this fact, you are even more dense than your posts would lead one to believe.

To be sure, this pain will not be isolated to the GO.

We all have something to lose here, don't we?

Well, frankly, yes: I do have the ability to see a company that is fat on payroll. Give me access to the operating books and I would prove this point.

It seems the the VP of flight ops agrees with me.

I acquired this common sense while working through my ratings to get to this point in my career. You may read that as I didn't have mommy and daddy to help me. How 'bout you?

Clearly, this stinks for the people who will soon be losing their jobs. If you believe that I find joy in this fact, you are even more dense than your posts would lead one to believe.

To be sure, this pain will not be isolated to the GO.

We all have something to lose here, don't we?

Cross training people to do multiple jobs and laying off some is not an indication of having too many people. If they had "SO many extra people" then they wouldn't have to cross train.

When pilots get furloughed do they cross train Captains to fly both right and left seat?

Latest resources

Back