• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

possible united bankruptcy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word on the street they may file in september after SLI. They want to kill the pilot contract.

Lacks detail and realism. Provocative flame jobs need at least one verifiable fact to be useful as bait. See me after class.

D+

Every airline goes bankrupt.....it's just a matter of when and how many times. Not until we get a true national aviation policy will the cycle ever change. Saying airline XYZ is going to file bankruptcy is like saying there will be a tornado in Kansas.

No kidding Einstein....the question is where, when and how severe...like will you lose your house this time.

Jeeze dude.

How many times do you need to be told. No matter how much you can drink (and we all know its alot) keep it out of the General's Mom.:eek:

She said you gave it to her and Redflyer. Unbelievable!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I wouldn't put it past some in management to float this sort of plan. Get the JCBA done to get the SLI done to merge crews then unwind it all with a Ch11 filing. But I don't think our CEO is that clueless. He knows the airline will meltdown if the pilots are asked to give up one dollar. We sacrificed too much already and many of us feel like we gave in too early anyway. Filing CH11 just to get out of union contracts will put the CEO on a collision course with disaster. He can always try it but it will spell ruin for the entire company in the end.

They are only spending $7 million a month more than anticipated on the pilot contract (if that's even true) because they refused to hire pilots last year when we warned them to get on the hiring. We will be understaffed for the next 2+ years while they play catchup. Which means lots of SRM (200% pay) trips, etc. Management did this to themselves. Let the ones who put a governor on the hiring process be held accountable. We should be running classes of 150 per month right now when we're actually doing half that amount... if that even.

I call bs on this rumor. No way it will happen this year. Anything is possible down the road though.

Latest resources

Back