Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible sighting of a Mall Ninja at Oshkosh!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EagleRJ

Are we there yet?
For those who spent some time at Oshkosh last week, did you see the EAA Special Forces guy who was guarding Burt Rutan, Mike Melville, and SpaceShipOne?

Pasty white twentysomething kid, fat, black clothing head to toe, enough black web gear to support a patrol in Fallujah, and a gun!

I couldn't tell if the gun was real or not, but all his gear appeared to be brand new and poorly fitted, so maybe it wasn't. I wonder if his Rules of Engagement allowed use of deadly force against any overbearing autograph hounds? Definite signs of Mall Ninja activity... I'll post a link to a picture when I can.

(For those who don't know the story of the Mall Ninjas, do a search of this site or a search engine)

Lol, no missed the ninja. Was sitting below the announcing stand on Saturday when spaceship 1 was flying, turned around to see Burt there on the mic. Funny part was he had no clue what his test pilot was doing so he kinda just made a commentary up. Anyone see the Saturday show? It blew big time!

EagleRJ said:
For those who spent some time at Oshkosh last week, did you see the EAA Special Forces guy who was guarding Burt Rutan, Mike Melville, and SpaceShipOne?

Pasty white twentysomething kid, fat, black clothing head to toe, enough black web gear to support a patrol in Fallujah, and a gun!
a GUN, you mean you saw the guy's tallywacker?

AFAIK, most Mall Ninjas don't have tallywackers, as they have rubbed them off while reading Soldier of Fortune!

The Saturday show was not as good as the Friday show, even though SS1 and GlobalFlyer both made flights Saturday. The choreography in the Saturday warbird show was a mess. The announcer ran out of things to say several times, and had to comment on the 13th flyby of the T-6s overhead.
I wish they would rely less on Pyro and have more period dogfights- along with historical narration on the PA.

Oshkosh quit being "known" for their airshow quality many years ago after the French Connection died. Most the shows are just noise with too many saftey rules regarding box violations. Kirby is still innovative but most of the rest fail to impress me. The FC where the best. You go to Oshosh to get deals on airplane stuff, not for the airshow, at least not in the last 8 years. JMHO/YMMV

highlights were seeing sean tucker (i think thats his name) do unbelivable things in an airplane, seeing space ship 1 up close, taing a picture with patty waggstaff. and of course, duggy.
this was my first time and now i know what ill be doing last week of july every year

sorry for the highjack

p.s

i love float planes, vans, spartan executives and cessna 195's

Last edited:
EagleRJ said:

I couldn't tell if the gun was real or not, but all his gear appeared to be brand new and poorly fitted, so maybe it wasn't.
Can anyone say "Rod Farva"

Saw the fat kid - he kept on trying to position himself in my photos...

I thought the flying was great - with the exception of

MIKE GOULIAN!!!

(heard at least 40 times during the show) who's barker irritated the p!ss out of me - I have never heard such self-promoting trash on an unispiring performance. Check out his website http://mikegoulian.com/ and see what I mean.

Last edited:
Cpt. Underpants said:
Saw the fat kid - he kept on trying to position himself in my photos...
I doubt it was civil air patrol, they don't carry firearms. If this guy did in fact carry a firearm, he was either private or local government police.

I'm thinking that the fat kid was civil air patrol and that you guys imagined that you saw a firearm, when it was really a canteen or a cell phone holder.

Latest resources

Back