Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible Litigation on PSA property for Left Seats.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PSA signed J4J. Sounds like sour grapes to me. I wonder how many of those that are gripping were even employed when all of this J4J stuff went down?

Even if it was 50... A small price to pay for a long term career at mainline.

What you are failing to understand is that the current "slotted seniority" agreement was never agreed to by the PSA pilots, the vote was against it but the MEC ratified the agreement anyway!! They said they had their reasons but whether they did or not the PSA pilots did not agree to this current deal. Also as a previous poster stated, there was never supposed to be jobs at PSA for guys coming from the other regional carriers, only furloughed mainline pilots. (Yes I know the midatlantic pilots like to call themselves furloughed mainline pilots, but that wasn't part of the original deal no matter how you look at it).

Also, currently there is no flowthrough agreement, that part of the original deal is not being honored either. PSA is a ********************hole of place to work as it is, without all this other stuff going on. I'm so glad I'm not there anymore!

Last edited:
Also, currently there is no flowthrough agreement, that part of the original deal is not being honored either. PSA is a ********************hole of place to work as it is, without all this other stuff going on. I'm so glad I'm not there anymore!

The PSA pilots don't have a flowthrough stated as a condition of thier acceptance of the J4J proticol? Piedmont does. I have been told by the PDT reps that one of the sticking points in the flow negotiations is PSA's treatment of the former-CEL-now-APL pilots. An above poster had it right. They took the risk, and are now reaping the rewards. Had you (that is a collective "you", not you personally) been given the opportunity (or chosen too if you have the required seniority) you would have probably made the same move.

We are talking such small numbers here. These guys aren't doing anything to you personally at PSA, just taking advantage of the contract language negotiated for them. Yeah, it is a sh*t sandwich, but then again so much of this job is exactly that. I just think it is rediculous and short sighted to get bent out of shape over such small numbers of captain seats.

I just think it is rediculous and short sighted to get bent out of shape over such small numbers of captain seats.

Small numbers?

Difference to some F/O's is $36k a year vs capt pay at $60. I take $24k loss personally.
It could also mean the difference between Reserve and holding a line. I also take that very personally.

These guys aren't doing anything to you personally at PSA, just taking advantage of the contract language negotiated for them. Yeah, it is a sh*t sandwich, but then again so much of this job is exactly that.

You just said it yourself....Taking Advantage.

We don't have a flow, how are we to get a long term career at mainline? The s#$t sandwich would go down a little easier if we at PSA had a mainline number as well but we don't and it doesn't look like we are ever going to.

Wern't pilots at PSA offered MDA positions just like everyone else? That's how you were supposed to get your number, Jack! I mean, Dork...

Here's your sign.....

I have been told by the PDT reps that one of the sticking points in the flow negotiations is PSA's treatment of the former-CEL-now-APL pilots.

Bunch of candy azzes. They held lines right out of class, went from the right seat of the Dash to the right seat of the 170 to the left seat of the CRJ. I really feel for them. Let them sit reserve for years like the J4J's in CLT who ACTUALLY WORKED AT MAINLINE and deal with our lovely skrew sked department on a daily basis, maybe they'll go whine to the mainline MEC about that as well.

Are one of you guys the Phantom Shi$$er?

Small numbers?

Difference to some F/O's is $36k a year vs capt pay at $60. I take $24k loss personally.
It could also mean the difference between Reserve and holding a line. I also take that very personally.

You just said it yourself....Taking Advantage.

I know the feeling, believe me.

Took it in the shorts seniority-wise in the post 9/11 downsizing. BK related pay concessions. More expensive benefits. I used to be a line holding captain in the base of my choice, now I am barely squeeking in to hold the seat in the most junior (and crappy) case in the system. In fact, my seniority growth has actually been negetive until very recently.

I just can't fault people for taking advantage of opportunities that are offered by the contracts we work under. If I were to feel bad about that, I would go sit in the right seat and let someone more junior to me have that seat. Maybe that would be more fair? That just isn't how things work. You are asking for a level of fairness that simply doesn't exist.

You are asking for a level of fairness that simply doesn't exist.

We all got into this industry knowing about the seniority system. Start on the bottom and work your way up.
Everything gets better the higher you go.

We need to stop this "ME" attitude and start thinking about "US".
This selfish thinking doesn't do any of us any good.

Fair is playing by the rulebook. No reading between the lines. Our LOA doesn't say anything about CEL pilots. So why are they here?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back