• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possibilities For EJA's New Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would be interested to hear what former Netjets pilots (pre-rat departures) think about the current conditions and the proposed conditions at NJA. Any regret in departing when you thought the grass would be greener on the other side? Of course, this industry is a crapshoot anyway - how would you predict things?

I heard a few JB guys recently came over to NJA having hated the monotony and insecurity of the airline biz.

Guys move all the time. I have had several close friends leave for JB back in 03/04. Are they happy? No idea we don't talk about it. They fly 121 we fly the super rich. No real reason to "look back"

I know guys still leaving for SWA and they are 8+ year captains here. I don't get leaving after you have 8+ years but it is what it is. Fractional flying is NOT for everyone. Turning left and closing the door has it's benefits but so does NJA.

Diesel,

I handled this thread poorly, I'll admit that. I didn't check the date of the post so his questions didn't make a bit of sense to me. I remember when he left for Jet Blue and wished him well while the rest of us were pledging. Like I said, I didn't check the date of the post.

Awww Shucks...you guys must miss me.

Rest in peace Randy-what a great guy-still can't believe he passed away so young.

I don't regret my decision to leave NJA at all-one of the previous posters was spot on-frax flying isnt for everyone.
I do miss all the perks-but I enjoy my day to day job more now. Plus I get allot of layovers at my house.
And I make just a bit more than I would have at NJA-I would just now be going on 7 yr 800XP Capt pay.

That all being said-plz dont take this as me putting the career at NJA down-great people, great new TA (I heard from one of our new hires-considering going to NJA), and great overall job.
This is not the same JetBlue it was when I started.
As a new hire today it would be a hard choice between any airline and NJA-especially with all the contract improvements you guys have made.

I always say hello whenever I see an NJA guy in one of our terminals.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Last edited:
Diesel,

I handled this thread poorly, I'll admit that. I didn't check the date of the post so his questions didn't make a bit of sense to me. I remember when he left for Jet Blue and wished him well while the rest of us were pledging. Like I said, I didn't check the date of the post.

Don't sweat it.

RIP Randy he was a good guy, and a great familyman.

Damn. Saw the avatar and it threw me for a moment till I saw the date of the post. Flew with him on a few of my first tours here. Flew with him on one of his last tours. A Great guy. Sad loss.

Godspeed Randy!

Ain't that the truth. RIP

Latest resources

Back