• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Position openings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess it's their prerogative not to say where, but it would sort out some of those who may not want to move there. I have specific places in NY which would be OK, anywhere else would be a waste of my time and theirs.

I saw an Excel position posted several times for upstate New York. Could be that one, but don't know if I could find it again to post here. As far as using a private email, I don't blame them. If they divulge their identification, they'd be swamped with every 500 hour wonder out there (no offense to the regional world ;)).

We posted for a position on monster last Nov. We didn't include phone numbers, addresses, or employees names and we were all swamped with phone calls, emails and pilots walking in with resumes. I don't blame them for using a Gmail account to collect resumes.
Also, how much time would it take to attach a resume with a canned cover letter for a possible job? I've done it in less then two minutes. If they respond then ask them where they're located. If it doesn't suit you then thank them and say "no thanks."
Besides if you're unemployed you probably have plenty of time.

Just my $.02

May be NOT

I saw an Excel position posted several times for upstate New York. Could be that one, but don't know if I could find it again to post here. As far as using a private email, I don't blame them. If they divulge their identification, they'd be swamped with every 500 hour wonder out there (no offense to the regional world ;)).

In today's 9.4% unemployment rate more like 5000 to 10000 hrs wonders that probably flown the space shuttle and still can't get no job!!

Well since the topic is brought up about scams, here is a question for all you out there unfortunately unemployed.

What kind of precautions you boys and girls are taking when sending your resumes out to an employer and further more when asked to send copies of your personal information to then find out that you were not selected? Since some these employers like to hide their company name?

Last edited:
Not Much you can do really, most of the info they ask for can be accessed thru the FAA website with the info that is on your CV.
Most prospective employers just want to fill the squares, nothing more.
Cheers!
TZ

FWIW Vulcan Flight Ops (Paul Allen) always uses gmail addresses.

It goes without saying your pilots license number should not be your SSN.

Latest resources

Back