Portland, OR Rental Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NJAPLT

Current jet pilot, thinking about finally dusting off the SEL part of my certificate again. Any one have anything good or bad to say about rental aircraft in the Portland, OR. (I live near the Nike campus in Beaverton, Hillsboro would be the closest place to drive.)

Thanks for any information that you all have to offer.

Current jet pilot, thinking about finally dusting off the SEL part of my certificate again. Any one have anything good or bad to say about rental aircraft in the Portland, OR. (I live near the Nike campus in Beaverton, Hillsboro would be the closest place to drive.)

Thanks for any information that you all have to offer.

Look at Hillsboro Aviation expensive but have good equipment. Then you have http://www.twinoaksairpark.com they have lot's planes and fun airport and are customer friendly as to the $$ gouging Hillsboro

I looked into renting a plane at Hillsboro Aviation last summer...I couldn't believe how much it cost to rent a 172 (even before the fuel surcharge)!! Though many of their planes were very nice and new, more than one of them with a Garmin 1000. I couldn't even figure out how to turn the thing on. Nothing like the 172's I used to fly and instruct in.

Sometime during the last ice age, I rented and instructed in a couple of 152's that were owned by a private couple and kept over on the west ramp. They were N64895 and N69016. I looked at the FAA web site and it says they are now both owned, or at least registered to, Hillsboro Aviation. They were very nice planes back when I used to fly them...I would bet that they are probably still pretty nice if HA is taking care of them. May not cost a fortune to rent, either, since they are a little older. I seem to remember they were full IFR and had a mod with a bigger engine, maybe even 150HP (a "150-150") but I can't be sure. Good luck.

--m
:)

Is there still a dude there name Houston Higgenbothem? Doen he still bill himself as the "Dean of Admissions"? What a tool.

Mushroom-
You're talking about the Dorneys. They sold their 152's, but I think John still has the 3 172's for rent. His rentals were cheaper than HHI, but you had to deal with John.
I know he got divorced and changed his last name, but I think its still J and J aircraft.

Is there still a dude there name Houston Higgenbothem? Doen he still bill himself as the "Dean of Admissions"? What a tool.

I interviewed there for a CFI job 4 years ago and asked him about his instructing background, and he replied that he was "a really good private pilot." I never got the job...tool.

I hate that Dean. I had a little trouble with my stalls, and next thing you know I'm getting expelled for violating my double secret probation.

I interviewed there for a CFI job 4 years ago and asked him about his instructing background, and he replied that he was "a really good private pilot." I never got the job...tool.

I didn't get the job also when i interview in 2003. I interview with Wayne M and Jason M. I had went to school there for 2 years, got my commercial single and multi, CFI, CFII and MEI. The called me to interview but gave the 2 openings to 2 guys who was also working line service, they both just got their CFI. Wayne told me during the inverview, that they want to hire someone who can help the company. Those were his exact words. BS what if some student wanted to get their instrument or multi, how are these 2 are going to help out the company. Wayne and Jason already knew who they were going to hire before they called me in and waste my time and got my hopes up.

Latest resources

Back