• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pop up trip to Cabo San Lucas...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We've been using MMSL exclusively since they lengthened the runway to 7K. They're still getting used to handling jets and have been doing a good job. Like a previous poster said...strictly day VFR ops...hours are 0700 to 1700 (I think). No need for a handler. Tania ([email protected]) pretty much runs things and will act as your handler. We typically tip her 50 to 100 depending on how smoothly things go. They don't accept American Express. If you pay with a credit card they tack on a nominal tax (1.8% last time I was there...you'll wonder why things don't add up if you don't account for it). Fueling is fairly quick and the airport has a tower. Contact Tania for all the specifics. Also, if you haven't been to MX this year you should talk to the commandante when you get there about buying an annual permit, otherwise they'll charge you a fee every time you enter the country. The annual permit pays for itself pretty fast. You'll also need a U.S. Customs decal (2008) for your aircraft and most importantly, make sure your pax have their passports in hand when entering the U.S.

If you need PRIST at MMSD, be sure to get them to use the overwing fuel truck - the single point trucks have no PRIST and no means to add it.
Looks like they're finally getting ready to finish the parallel taxiway. that should help shorten up arrival and departure delays caused by back-taxiing.

Anyone been into MMSL lately? Any info on the 'handler' or FBO person there to talk to for helping with handling?

Thanks.

KSU -

When I emailed the FBO they said Sebastian down there would do the handling for $230. He is an employee of the FBO. Does that sound right or is that not even needed?

KSU -

When I emailed the FBO they said Sebastian down there would do the handling for $230. He is an employee of the FBO. Does that sound right or is that not even needed?

Sebastian is the owner of the airport.
They say there's no handler required at the airport. There is, it's just done "in house" and charged on your bill when you depart.

KSU -

Ya, that's about right. But, the $230 is far less than the other airport, you won't get put behind an airliner when it comes to fueling and you will be treated like royalty. It is the best airport in Mexico, imo.

Oh...I almost forgot...they don't allow tipping either. That's included in the price of the landing fee.

I was at MMSD San Jose del Cabo yesterday the place was crowded, at leats 60 jets parked, some of them like 10 Global Express and GV were parked in the Alaska Terminal

Amazing, im guessing the New Years Party @ Cabo Wabos is gonna be awesome

Latest resources

Back