• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

H.Agenda

Mexican insurance..got it.

jepps trip kit on the way..

Which handlers can y'all reccomend?

They have prist down there right?

Any insight is appreciated!!!

I.C.C.S is awesome, they take care of it all incl fuel. But it comes at a price- 2K+. Bring some cash if ya don't get a handler. Both airports have prist and prefer AVCARD. MMSD is a busy place this time of year but immigrations and getting fuel is pretty easy, just put on your patience cap. MMSL is smaller but much closer to where your people probably want to go. They are almost as capable as the big airport and is becoming more popular. Be careful with the "dip" on the northwest end of the runway (mmsl). Also they have no reporting wx and no approaches. I'm down there frequently and I haven't run into too many issues at either airport. Don't forget to call US customs at your airport of entry within 24 hours of returning to U.S.

dont forget to "tip" the handler on the way in

Piece of Cake

MMSD is pretty organized. I have used a handler and not used a handler. I don't think the handler was much help at all. He pretty much took my money and told me what I already new. He had filled out the paperwork prior to our arrival, but that takes all of 20 minutes (if you have the paperwork before you leave the USA). Basically, visit the Cammondante (have your proof of MX insurance airworthiness and registration) He will give you a form that has to be stamped by a) the traffic controller closing your flight plan; b) customs; c) Immagration. Return the stamped form to the Commandante. He will give you a form that you will need before departure. You will basically file with thw traffic controller and get the customs stamp. I have paid for fuel with Visa, but they take a while to bring it to your plane and it takes another 20-30 minutes for them to run your Visa card through. There is always somebody that speaks english around to tell you where to go next if you get confused.

Good luck!

MJ

Universal worked great

I wouldn't try it on your own until you use a handler at least once.

Don't get carried away with tipping. The handlers say that they will take you fishing etc. but they just want your cash.

You pay them for a service. Tipping is a little out of the ordinary.

I do give cokes to the guys fueling. They fuel you faster when they see you again.

well i have been to mexico at least once a yr for over 10 yrs and i hve always tipped and neverhad anty delays or problems its worth the 40 in and 40 out..... i had a guy that would not listen landed did not tip and sat with pax on a/c for two hrs to get paerwork straightened out........ do what you like i just prefer not to be hastled

I am here now and come here almost monthly. I use a local guy for the handling ($350 incl tips) pay the airport fees on my AmEx and fuel goes on the Uvair card. Our paxs walk in and sign their immigration forms do the the obligatory pass by customs and are gone in less than 10 minutes.
I did it a couple times on my own, missed a stamp one time that caused a 30 minute departure delay, since then I just use a handler for the paperwork.

Latest resources

Back