Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Poop? How about a known killer on board?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I read more of War and Peace.

1) It seems to insinuate the police offered to pay 10-15 grand for fuel. And they weren't too happy about it. That woefully underestimates the real cost of diverting this flight and someone at CAL probably realized that.

2) The article also quotes an aviation expert saying they were surprised the FBI couldn't get the airplane to land since the FBI has the authority to land a flight in US airspace. I think this flight was over the atlantic. Another so-called expert is confused.

BUT...

Most aviation experts interviewed claim continental made a bad decision. Maybe the government will fine them. If they screwed up, then I say fine the heck out of them to prevent a future occurence.

Last edited:
Maybe if it didn't take the police 30 minutes to respond to the 911 call they could have caught the guy before the flight left ....

Mary Schiavo respected? Not by anybody in this business.

Bad deal all around but Skyboy is right. Airplane turns around, maybe more people get hurt.

Thank you! I was wondering how long that crap about Mary was going to go unchallenged.

just say you have had an engine failure and that you are going back to ewr. the guy will be sh8ting himself or happy that he is going to die in a plane crash

That's a chilling story, and a total cluster-#$%^ by Continental. I can only hope that the Flight Crew was not informed of the gravity of the situation. Because if they were and still chose to continue their course....it really doesn't get any worse.

Well the only way that I would believe that the crew knew about it and didn't divert would be if CAL threatened their jobs. That being said, I would still divert and let them try to fire me. This is one case where I will laugh if someone sues them over this. Has this country become so f***ed up that people don't even care about what's right or wrong? How can you even bring the word money into this? If this is the way things are going (which we are), we are f***ed.

Yes they did. Check the article again:

If the airplane came back, it would be on the ground for a minimum of 10-12 hours (or more) because of a recrew. You don't just call a reserve in for a two hour show because the duty time is too long, they have to be released to crew rest and then report. I'm not sure about the FA's call out, but I know they would be recrewed also. Now the airplane is twelve hours late into Delhi and the outbound is 8-10 hours late departing. It could take two days to get the airplane back on schedule. There is a little bit more to it than just "paying for the fuel." Not saying it's right or wrong but the guy who wrote the article doesn't seem to know the complete picture.

Unbelievable! There is a MURDERER on board. I don't care about crew duty, reschedules or anything for that matter. This is unacceptable.

what if

I know what ifs are just that, but if he had injured a flight attendant or another passenger "over the atlantic" this thread would have a whole different tone and everyone would be saying what a big mistake that they made. What a bunch of BS, we can't get a hold of the flight, is there anyone who doesn't know how to get a hold of operations. Every airline has ops numbers readily available for emergencies. Also, if you were that crew, and you didn't know wouldn't you be mad that they didn't tell you. Oh well

Latest resources

Back