• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polarized Sunglasses and the CRJ Cockpit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:cool: Luv my polarized RayBan sunglasses. I would never go back to another pair of regular. I can see much better during hazy days and I just love them. You will see distortion in the winshields at first, but you get used to it and it soon goes away. By distortion, I mean like shadows, so if you move your head, they disappear! In the CRJ, you see all of the warnings in the correct colors and I have no problems with them....Just my 2cents!

Peace Out!

I have prescription glasses with polarized clips that fit over them and I have no problem with the CRJ displays. The dark spots on the windshield are not too bad either once you get used to it. I have had no problems whatsoever.

B190Captain said:
I have prescription glasses with polarized clips that fit over them and I have no problem with the CRJ displays. The dark spots on the windshield are not too bad either once you get used to it. I have had no problems whatsoever.

Question.. What are you saying by, "get used to it" ? Does that mean after wearing them for a while the blind-spots are still there, but they just don't bother you anymore ? :confused:

Personally speaking of course, ANY blind spot while flying an airplane should bother you...

h25b said:
Question.. What are you saying by, "get used to it" ? Does that mean after wearing them for a while the blind-spots are still there, but they just don't bother you anymore ? :confused:

Personally speaking of course, ANY blind spot while flying an airplane should bother you...

It's not a blind spot. You can still see through the windshield. It's just areas of discoloration.

Latest resources

Back