• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Johnlp3

First Officers
Category: First Officers
Type: Employee
Description: Are you ready to launch your career with a leading, scheduled air cargo carrier? If so, Polar Air Cargo has outstanding career opportunities at its JFK Station.

We are currently seeking twenty-six(26) First Officers. First Officers must have 3,500 hours total time and 1000 hours jet time or 2,000 Turbo-Prop. FAA Commercial/Multi-engine/Instrument License and FCC Radio-Telephone License. Must have FAA First Class Medical as well as U.S. Citizenship. Preferable, the First Office should have B747 Type Rating, FAA ATP, and 500 hours or more PIC DC-10, MD-11, L-1011 or other wide body aircraft. Also prefer current/qualified on B747-Classic or B747-400.

Polar Air Cargo offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, disability, 401(k) with matching and bonus opportunities. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.

For immediate consideration, please fax your resume to (562) 528-7430, email to [email protected] or apply online at www.polaraircargo.com.

Location Jamaica , NY

johnlp3

I hate to be the first to ask.....but I will anyway. What is Polar's policy toward major furloughees? And, if they accept those of us with that scarlet letter, what is the pay scale?

Thanks for whatever info you can provide!!

RapidD

Isn't there some conflict going on right now between Atlas and Polar? I heard there was some big push to prevent pilots from going to Polar...what's the scoop?

What information is available regarding schedules? The last guy I talked to, a few months ago, told me he worked there for a year. The bottom line amounted to the fact that he was gone anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months straight, taking his days off on the road, in different countries. This is great if you're single, but not for a guy with family.

Can anyone confirm or deny this info? I would like to hear from someone currently working the line. Thanks.

750Driver

I saw a July '02 bid package and you are excatly right.

Plus eight day layovers in places like Guam or Diego Garcia and lots of 'stan flying.

Ouch! :p

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back