Polar QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here we go.

First Polar and Atlas are different and I know little about Atlas. As for Polar, if you are on reserve you will not be sitting around at JFK (the only base). Last year I bid reserve most of the time and only spent three days at JFK, and this year so far none. Quite often it is the senior people that bid reserve. And we have 2 reserve systems, one at home and one on the road (but you never see home reserve). We do not have crash pads as most carriers have but the company pays for our hotels, it is called R-2 or hotel reserve. There is some question on whether it is considered taxable income or not and I won't delve into that, but because of this question scheduling pretty much keeps us out of N.Y. and reserve is pulled a lot of other places. But do not expect to sit and pick up a lot of frequent flyewr miles. Right now I am on a 7 day layover in Sweden, but 7 days is a bit unusual. Next month I pull a 4 dayer in Astansa.
Our layovers vary and we do get some good stays in places. I cannot think of anyone at Polar who does not like our QOL. When I finish this trip I will be at home 10 days and then back out for thirteen. Home for 10 more, a three dayer (one day commercial to AMS and then operate to JFK) and the rest of the month off. I have a 60 day line my 10th choice. I bid 50 on the FE list to give you an idea of how it works.
Anyone who wants to e mail me at [email protected] I will give you my phone number if you want to know more before deciding to come over to Polar.

Fuzzy-

Thanks for the info.

Where's Astansa ?

320AV8R

Last edited:
furloughfodder said:
On another note, Polar is working on getting their contract renewed. It is 2 years past due. They were conducting picketing last week, and are heading towards a strike vote in the near future. I just want to say: "HANG TIGHT, AND GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!! AND STAY TOGETHER!!!"

It is about time a pilot group stands up and fights for what is right, as opposed to everyone taking 20-30% paycuts without even putting up a fight. I think Polar will be the first group to stand up for what they deserve since 9/11...maybe they will start a new trend and get this profession back on it's feet!

Maybe Polars contract would not be 2 years past due if they didn't sell out Atlas in the 11th hour. Just a thought. And saying your contract said you had to fly struck freight is a bunch of crap!!!!

Astana is at the end of the earth. A 747dogg, where do you get off we flystruck freight. Not only haven''t we we won't. If your talking about a letter sent out by our former MEC, you better check. We made him reverse that within a week and threw him overboard. Our new MEC is ex-Eastern and if you think he would allow something like that you need a drug test.

Fuzzy said:
Astana is at the end of the earth. A 747dogg, where do you get off we flystruck freight. Not only haven''t we we won't. If your talking about a letter sent out by our former MEC, you better check. We made him reverse that within a week and threw him overboard. Our new MEC is ex-Eastern and if you think he would allow something like that you need a drug test.

Polar MEC said they would fly struck Atlas freight, did they not? Reversing the letter a week later was too late for Atlas. So now your going to be stuck with the Atlas contract, not any better. So you better check your facts!!!

I don't think so sport. Polar is the surviving certificate, not Atlas. Live with it. And our old MEC position was noted AFTER you blinked and voted on your CBA. Now it seems you want our QOL and we welcome you with open arms. Rememebr who the enemy is and it ain't us.

Come on guys (Fuzzy-b747dogg) we're in this together. We will be, for many years to come. So how about we join forces and turn our aggression on a guy who's name rhymes with NATO.....;)

I'm not attacking the Polar guys, just don't forget what happened!!! I was in the strike center waiting to walk when the news came that Polar would fly Atlas freight. It's the truth. You even said there was a letter that was changed a week later by your MEC. You guys are alright, but lets not forget the past. We know the enemy is the evil empire!!!!

Last edited:
hey guys, how much hiring are both polar and atlas anticipating in the upcoming months? I am definately interested in finding out about this best kept secret stuff...I don't know anyone at either company, just an inquiring mind looking for options

Latest resources

Back