Polar Jumpseat out of HKK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hugh Jorgan

Any of you Polar guys have any thoughts on jumpseaters out of Hong Kong? I've j/s'd with you folks before and you've always been awesome. Just wondering if it's harder to do out of HKK to LAX or if there are any gotcha's I should know about. Thanks!

Is HKK anywhere near BKK??

Not a Polar/Atlas guy but on my experience jumpseating overseas, it's always better to go with the PAX airlines.

Due to the fact that the freight companies do not have any sort of representation in the terminal for you to get proper paperwork for immigration/customs.

UAL has plenty of flights out of Hong Kong.

Last edited:
it's always better to go with the PAX airlines.
Due to the fact that the freight companies do not have any sort of representation in the terminal for you to get proper paperwork for immigration/customs.
I've actually found the opposite to be true. Generally, meet up with the crew where they meet the company representative who takes you through the terminal with the proper paperwork (you are already on the gen deck) to get you through customs...no lines, no pax, no gate agents, no flight attendants...easy. Some places the terminal is completely bypassed and you meet up at the cargo ramp. Each place is different, which is why I was hoping to maybe get some info from Polar guys on what the local Hong Kong hoops are-if it's even possible. Some places can be a total nightmare and others are cake.

Sorry for the HKG typo....that fermented malted barley will sometimes make your fingers do things you hadn't intended....seriously, smell them sometime when you wake up after a few too many...:beer:

Any of you Polar guys have any thoughts on jumpseaters out of Hong Kong? I've j/s'd with you folks before and you've always been awesome. Just wondering if it's harder to do out of HKK to LAX or if there are any gotcha's I should know about. Thanks!

Polar has been doing virtually none of our HKG runs lately - it's all been "allianced" over to Atlas. You may want to check with them.

http://www.atlasair.com/travel/confirm.asp?type=1

If your trying to get to LAX out of HKG, the best way is via ICN. Use Atlas to ICN, then Polar runs at least one non-stop flight to LAX everyday.

You'll be able to sign up for both thru Atlas/Polar ops.

Our handler in HKG is Jardine Ops, local ph #2216-1450.
Our agent's local ph #9756-1808.

In HKG the crews meet on the departure level of the Pax terminal, between the E and F signs, near the info desk. Being in uniform makes it real easy to clear Immigration. We meet one 1 1/2 before scheduled TO.

Ahh, I incorrectly concluded from the polar schedule that it was a non-stop from HKG to LAX, but a closer look reveals the ICN flight with the same number indicating the first leg going north. Cool, thanks for the replies and info!

Latest resources

Back