POLAR guys I need some help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only one base at Polar, JFK.
Next Class starts July 19th and should be followed by a couple more. As far as we know all new hires on the Classic but don't quote me on that.

Pat

Bill T is not an engineer. Polar is not hiring FEs at this time and hence no retired pilots are being recalled as FEs. I don't think he is doing interview checks either. The fleet managers have been doing the interview rides. Also although the company may open a foreign domicile it is pretty unlikely since they will have to negotiate new rates of pay work rules etc for that base. Stanstead is a base for the mainline Atlas Air pilots. Polar is not a bad place to work but it's not great either. You had better come with a good dose of patience to deal with the ineptitude from the front office. All of the usual non sched crap.

I think you're a little confused, Bill Thurston is not a retired capt but IS an engineer :) You are correct though he does not conduct interviews.

Pat

Pat, You're correct. I saw Thurston but I read Turnbull. When he said he used to be a Captain that threw me off. Thurston was never even an FO let alone a Captain.

Mix up

Luis

I just found this sight and I think you have me mixed up. I did talk to you about Polar but I am not nor have ever been a Captain at Polar. I joined 4 years ago as an FE and becuase of my age (opver 60 cannot upgrade anyway). So go back and think about it.
You may have heard about a lot of negative talk about what is happening over here, but make no bones about it, it has a lot of great people trying to hold back the flood waters. I would recommend Polar to anyone. So if, in future you decide to becme a Polaroid we would be glad to have you.

Bill Thurston

Latest resources

Back