Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

washout

Living slow...
I see on several websites that Polar is now hiring.

My question is.... While the merger with Atlas is in progress (or after it is complete), is there any chance of a new hire pilot at Polar being forced out of ORD or LAX and into STN?

For example: A pilot is hired at Polar to be based at ORD or LAX, which I understand are the only current Polar crew bases. Then after the merger/senority list integration, would his low senority on the "new" combined list (ie..junior to lots of STN-based Atlas pilots) mean he would only be able to hold STN while the Atlas STN guys above him had a shot at coming back to the states?

I've done some searches but I'm just curious what the newest info on all this Polar/Atlas stuff is.

Thanks.

While the merger is in progress, there is no chance of STN. After the merger, there are no bump and flush clauses in the arbitrators findings...the list merger. I think you would be safe for a couple years, then all bets are off. The good news is, if we grow like the company implies, then you'll be senior enough by then to not be an issue unless you want the left seat faster.

Hi!

The Atlas guys at STN are now airlined there by Atlas, so if you do have to move, you won't have to commute. Atlas is trying to get actual home basing, and a 14/14 schedule in negotiations.

cliff
GRB

Is STN going to be a permanent fixture in ATLAS/POLARS future or just a temporary measure?

STN remains only as a protection system for the AACS now AABO hired to be replacements of the union crews. Under the current contract, if they move the STN base some place useful like AMS or FRA, those non-union guys go to system seniority (going from Capt's to F/O's) and have to become union members. So those non-union guys that got to enjoy drastically out of seniority upgrades and employment to replace union guys during our first contract negotiation would be deservingly thrown to the wolves.

Now, anyone hired is union or have to pay dues. Even if they are hired for a new offshore base including STN. Despite there being no flying out of STN, they keep it to protect those remaining 60 want-to-be scabs. Down from 180 originals.

We at Atlas hoped to get rid of STN through the merger process absorbing Polar and resolving the constant whip-sawing of A/C shifting and furloughs back and forth between Atlas and Polar. Unfortunately, the Polar MEC has decided to stick their heads in the sand and pretend that there is no merger because they are not able to bump and flush the Atlas crewmembers in a recent seniority arbitration ruling.

Anyhow there are a few long running threads on this over on pprune and many other issues between them.

Opens new windows.

Atlas_STN (clsd thread now)

Atlas/Polar Great Debate

Polar Arbitration II

Last edited:
Real airline jobs do not have training contracts. That is for the absolute bottom feeders. Polar and Atlas are well above that level.

I see on several websites that Polar is now hiring.

My question is.... While the merger with Atlas is in progress (or after it is complete), is there any chance of a new hire pilot at Polar being forced out of ORD or LAX and into STN?

For example: A pilot is hired at Polar to be based at ORD or LAX, which I understand are the only current Polar crew bases. Then after the merger/senority list integration, would his low senority on the "new" combined list (ie..junior to lots of STN-based Atlas pilots) mean he would only be able to hold STN while the Atlas STN guys above him had a shot at coming back to the states?

I've done some searches but I'm just curious what the newest info on all this Polar/Atlas stuff is.

Thanks.

Merger? What MERGER? If you're talking about the one to be done by the year 2072? Then you need not worry! :laugh:

Merger? What MERGER? If you're talking about the one to be done by the year 2072? Then you need not worry! :laugh:

Isn't that what the Polar MEC said? Well, what the Polar MEC say's is usually 180 degrees from the truth.

Just like the recent arbitration on the merger priority grievance and then BS'd a response on his VARs to the Polar membership.

Click Here or at http://atlasmergerfacts.com
for the written arbiters decision.

Compare what is said between the arbiter ruling and what the Polar MEC Chairman Bobb says (Click Here for Streaming Mp3). Like most of his past messages, there is what he says and thinks versus reality. What was it he said once upon a time? Oh yeah, it keeps his guys quiet and off his back.

Lets not forget about the recent award by the ALPA NATIONAL ADR on the "Scab Lawsuit" in which Atlas crews won is another example of Bobb Henderson MEC Polar says and does anything illegal or otherwise.

Keep this in mind when you hear Polar crews speak about Atlas crews.

CLICK HERE

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back