• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar/Atlas Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With all due respect, it is usually the wiser decision to refrain from offering information on subjects of which you know nothing about.

At the time, Polar is not operating that route in S. America. I do not know for certain whether Atlas is, but a simple call to AAWH operations on your part will not only answer that, but allow you to sign up for the jumpseat as well.

You're being CASS is the only requirement that I know of to register for the jumpseat, and fly aboard our "friendly skies," anywhere in the world.

Good luck, and I hope it works out for you. Remember to request the Picanha for your return jumpseat to the States!

With no due respect, you should leave your condescending smart mouth at home, punk.

I was the Jumpseat Coordinator for my former carrier -and while you may enjoy all sorts of illicit privileges with your carrier, advertising what you are doing will jeopordize those priviliges as well as those of everyone else in the industry.

I repeat: there is no more international jumpseating for offline pilots. CASS or no CASS, it is not accepted. If you have a secure cockpit and a procedure for carrying offline personnel in the cabin, then fine. But if you don't, just wait until the TSA finds someone in your aircraft that shouldn't be there.

With no due respect, you should leave your condescending smart mouth at home, punk.

NERVOUS implied none of those things and was sincere. You're a hypocrite, especially on the "punk" part. On that note, lighten up Francis.

I was the Jumpseat Coordinator for my former carrier -and while you may enjoy all sorts of illicit privileges with your carrier, advertising what you are doing will jeopordize those priviliges as well as those of everyone else in the industry.

I repeat: there is no more international jumpseating for offline pilots. CASS or no CASS, it is not accepted. If you have a secure cockpit and a procedure for carrying offline personnel in the cabin, then fine. But if you don't, just wait until the TSA finds someone in your aircraft that shouldn't be there.

Apparently you were a misinformed JS coordinator. As far as I know, (for some stupid reason) the TSA only has a problem with UPS and FedEx taking international offline jump seaters. With CASS, there is no TSA restriction on the other companies' freighters......including those operating the 747 which obviously doesn't have a door separating the rear seats in the upper deck.

Last edited:

That's simply not true. Especially as it pertains to the ACMI carriers.

As far as I know, (for some stupid reason) the TSA only has a problem with UPS and FedEx taking international offline jump seaters.

From what I understand, it's not really that the TSA has a problem with FedEx/UPS. It's that they (FX/UPS) choose to NOT comply with a security reg that the ACMI's do. Thus, allowing them (the ACMI's) to carry and offline guy international.

How they get away with carrying a horse/animal trainer in a international flight is beyond me.

Last edited:
I used Polar/Atlas (Polar aircraft and flight number - Atlas crew) to get home from HKG last July. Just fill out the jumpseat form on their website and they get back to you pretty quick. They even helped me find out where to meet the crew in HKG. Lots of food and very comfortable.

Was listed on the release, all of the customs forms and everything. All nice and legal.

Sorry CaptSeth, your information is incorrect. Atlas/Polar do this all the time, legal and legit.

Latest resources

Back