• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo Is ON STRIKE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. Unfortunately there are quite a few scabs at Atlas. But that is true of most airlines.

For the record, there isn't a single scab at Polar Air Cargo.

With a 99.23% strike vote, I have a feeling it will.

I don't actually work there, but I have many friends that do. I am just glad to see a group of pilots standing up for a better life in todays airline industry where most pilot groups are taking huge pay cuts.

I think everyone needs to be behind these guys, this could be the start of a turning point for this profession. Atlas, UPS, FedEx are all next at the table. We need to get things moving in the right direction again!

"I think everyone needs to be behind these guys, this could be the start of a turning point for this profession. Atlas, UPS, FedEx are all next at the table. We need to get things moving in the right direction again!"

Thank you and all the guys and girls that are supporting our efforts and struggles. This being the darkest hrs. in a pilots proffessional life has actually become OUR PROUDEST MOMENT!!.......Our solidarity is solid and we will PREVAIL!!

Yeah, saw them form a picket line @ 0600 this morning at the entrance to a cargo ramp in MIA.

Was to tired to stop and say hello n' good luck, 30 hour duty day.

Sure hope the Polar guys get what they deserve, but it does not look good as pilots are being "transferred" to Atlas and airplanes are being parked.

Smells like union busting by militant managment.

One thing is for sure, we are not flying the struck freight....Even if some crews would do it, we have two 747s down for a heavy check and more business than we can handle.

Good luck once again.

furloughfodder said:
With a 99.23% strike vote, I have a feeling it will.

I don't actually work there, but I have many friends that do. I am just glad to see a group of pilots standing up for a better life in todays airline industry where most pilot groups are taking huge pay cuts.

I think everyone needs to be behind these guys, this could be the start of a turning point for this profession. Atlas, UPS, FedEx are all next at the table. We need to get things moving in the right direction again!

Well there you have it. " I dont actually work there ". Yet you make accusations and sling the scab word around so freely. The strike is barely 12 hours old and you throw grenades in the room. You suck!!!Ive flown with your type, usually the first words out of your mouth is "heard any rumors lately". You seem to thrive on rumors and others misfortune. I love the comment about no scabs at Polar...nice touch. You are truly a piece of work.

Sir, these are very serious times ahead of us and for you to make such uneducated accusations is criminal.

The Atlas MEC had a conference call today at 12est and spelled out further the struck rules. The problem hear is that it isnt so cut and dry as to what crossing the line is. A case in point...there is picketing at the Mia training center and a crew member is scheduled for his PC. He notifies sked and they threaten him if he doesnt show. Now he finds a way around the building and goes in. Now does that make him a scab?? ( this is for the general public, not furloughfodder, he coudnt comprehend the scope of this issue)

- Atlas and Polar are two seperate airlines...period
- The picket lines will be honored but Atlas has their own flights and they must be flown
- Atlas crews are not flying Polar flights and the company knows they cant be forced to do so!!

Well He!!,

Seems like they've gone and done it. Regardless of what I've said before, I know you guys' livelihoods are on the line at this point. That's a very serious thing!

So it is my sincere hope that you guys can stand the test and get whatever it takes to get you back working. This biz is brutal, but when it comes down to labor vs Mgmt there's no question about which side to choose.

First week in October ( after my trips & if it lasts that long) I'm headin down to MIA with a Box-o-Krispy-Kremes, coffee, and some protest music!!

Keep yer heads up,

Bman

...so ahhhh...where can I apply to get a job flying those Polar Air jets while you guys are on strike???;) ;)

heh. Just kidding.
Wish you the best during your negotiations.

Is atlas part of ALPA??

I ran into a Polar pilot last nite at a copy store. He told me they were about to go on strike and he was making copies to hand out to drivers. I wanted to help him out passing out flyers, but i had to catch flight to work. Good luck guys

Latest resources

Back