Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT, notwithstanding the above directives, new-hire Atlas crewmembers who have not completed their Initial Operating Experience plus a following first revenue leg should continue their training until those milestones are reached, and that the above-stated directives do not apply to probationary crewmembers who have not yet achieved their one-year anniversary.

--------------------

treetopflyer,

no worries. just show up for the flight. it doesn't matter because without a captain you will not be getting very far. Now if some captain does decide to cross the line, I would then consider the (cough, cough) method...but that is still your choice. I don't think you will find one Captain that will cross the line at Atlas. These guys are with Polar 100%. You are on probation, so you are covered and won't be considered a scab either way.

Last edited:
747Rubani said:
if you are on probation and cross the line you are not considered a scab. If I were you I would cross the line assuming I'm on probation, if you dont the company has the right to fire you. Now you just screwed yourself. Besides it would be hard to fly a 74 with only you in the airplane. My 2 cents.

Hehehe! You can fly the Whale from the right seat by yourself....but only if your name is Steve Faucet...;)

To the NEW HIRES at Atlas... If you are asked to cross a piket line by the Co. You have every right to decline the trip in the "interest of safety". You feel threatened by the situation at hand, and opt not to cross the LINE in fear of hostilities. NO ONE CAN FIRE YOU FOR THIS!!! No one can legaly place you in harm's way......Exept the military, of course.

747RUBANI wrote:"if you are on probation and cross the line you are not considered a scab. If I were you I would cross the line assuming I'm on probation, if you dont the company has the right to fire you. Now you just screwed yourself. Besides it would be hard to fly a 74 with only you in the airplane. My 2 cents."

I believe that you'r advice is incorrect..If you cross a line, regardless of you'r probationary status, you will still be considered a SCAB.. It is one of the CATCH 22 issues when being a probationary airman.
Call ALPA National before crossing any line...Remember Eastern....Brobationary pilots that crossed the line are forever residents of THE SCAB LIST!!

Plenty of sleep, so I was well rested for my flight!

Today (Monday) should be an interesting day. We should find out if Atlas crews will really have to save you from yourselves.

Hey look whos back!! We actualy missed you'r BS posts. They are quite entertaining......
icon34.gif

Latest resources

Back