• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PNCL: Class personified!! wow., just wow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The facts weren't distorted but they were incomplete. The only thing reported were the final positions but that doesn't give any clue to how the negotiation went. I've been hearing some pretty wild things about what was proposed during the negotiating process. The one that takes the cake was that Mesaba proposed a date of hire integration with both of the other groups but all Mesaba pilots would have their hire dates moved up 5-6 years with 7 year fences that not only encompassed Mesaba flying but also some of Pinnacle's too. This would pretty much staple Colgan and most of Pinnacle and ensure that nobody but former Mesaba pilots would have a chance at advancement.

While the intention from the CJC committee may have been pure, they botched it up big time and put everyone at each others throats.

I heard Pinnacle management was just happy to have a pilot group that wouldn't play angry birds in negotiations. Pinnacle management actually proposed that one and begged us please to fly their planes around for 66 years without plowing in or bending one up. I can't help it if your own company will go broke buying other companies in the hope they can dilute the pinnacle pilot group down with quality individuals.

Now you see, that piece above is called being a dick. No one likes a dick. Stop being a dick DoingTime (oh yeah, me too I suppose).

So in one thread you post this...
I don't get why the Mesaba pilots on this board have no clue as to what even happened in '97. If you weren't there and you don't know, just keep your trap shut. Your speculation only makes you more confused.

Then in another you post this...
The facts weren't distorted but they were incomplete. The only thing reported were the final positions but that doesn't give any clue to how the negotiation went. I've been hearing some pretty wild things about what was proposed during the negotiating process. The one that takes the cake was that Mesaba proposed a date of hire integration with both of the other groups but all Mesaba pilots would have their hire dates moved up 5-6 years with 7 year fences that not only encompassed Mesaba flying but also some of Pinnacle's too. This would pretty much staple Colgan and most of Pinnacle and ensure that nobody but former Mesaba pilots would have a chance at advancement.

While the intention from the CJC committee may have been pure, they botched it up big time and put everyone at each others throats.

If you weren't in the SLI negotiations, and have evidence to back up your claims, then why don't you heed your own advice.

Coming from a Pinnacle pilot. Who cares who bought who. It's out of our hands. We knew it would be out of our hands a long time ago. Does it really matter anymore. I'm going to punch the next person that I fly with who says "This is how it should be, or I got screwed" blah blah blah

I believe that was early on. It was more of an opening argument which is where you probably get all the crazy proposals.
I believe their final proposal was logical, reasonable and representative of their greater pilot groups wishes.

I believe that was early on. It was more of an opening argument which is where you probably get all the crazy proposals.
I believe their final proposal was logical, reasonable and representative of their greater pilot groups wishes.

If it was logical and reasonable then why didn't the CJC or PCL committees accept it?

In CJC's case we had a logicler/reasonabler proposal:D

where as PCL decided to drop a :bomb: because they hate everyone.

Last edited:
Everyone has all the opinions but screw up a big detail. Everyone keeps saying "PNCL" when they are actually talking about PCL. We are all under one company- that's Corp. We are all "PNCL" pilots. If you have a problem with 9E pilots, at least use the correct lingo- PCL. All 3 groups don't like each other's proposals because each is "selfish". Well, all 3 MEC's represented their pilots. Now all 3 groups will undoubteldy be angry when the list comes out. I guess that means it was done right. We can't get angry when the game is over, this game is done and awaiting it's sportscenter highlight real. It should be available in full rebroadcast on the 20th. We all will (most likely) then have a 10 page "monday morning QB" routine to follow.

Typical. A bunch of teenagers that couldn't hold their loads.

Don't worry, I'll get a towel.

I routinely lasted 45-55 minutes when I was 17-19 so I don't think you can lump me into that same "category"

It's even better now that I've matured.

Latest resources

Back