Plot to blow up planes foiled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pullmyfinger said:
Whats to stop one from carrying a supply of toothpaste in a plastic tube, crammed up his A$$ ?

Wouldn't anyone in England carrying a tube of toothpaste be a red flag that something wasn't normal?

pullmyfinger said:
Whats to stop one from carrying a supply of toothpaste in a plastic tube, crammed up his A$$ ?

Either that or some C4 stuck up their a$$es. I wouldnt doubt that would do it. Heck, if the guy in jackass can stick a hot wheels car in his a$$, I am guessing that our arab friends could get plenty more up there with a little determination....which they are not short of.

It's absolutely ridiculous how we Americans react to terrorism. It's like a combination of chicken little and scared poodle. Now we're terrified of toothpaste and deodorant and the media always shows the loser in the security line saying all the over the top security measures are o.k. because he'd rather be safe than free. All the bad guys have to do is sneeze and we freak out.
I say lets show some backbone for once and give these guys the finger everytime they pull something. At least this administration can hijack this successful thwarting, get their approval ratings up a few points and use it to take away more of our dwindling freedom.

blingair said:
It's absolutely ridiculous how we Americans react to terrorism. It's like a combination of chicken little and scared poodle. Now we're terrified of toothpaste and deodorant and the media always shows the loser in the security line saying all the over the top security measures are o.k. because he'd rather be safe than free. All the bad guys have to do is sneeze and we freak out.
I say lets show some backbone for once and give these guys the finger everytime they pull something. At least this administration can hijack this successful thwarting, get their approval ratings up a few points and use it to take away more of our dwindling freedom.

good post bling.

what's next? no carry on and pax wearing friggin smocks?

It scares me to think of whats next. I can't even speculate; I never thought Americans would freak out over deodorant. "America" has changed so much. It seems now to be a country of "me firsts" and "give me's."
My folks tell me stories of when they were growing and they had to wake up at 4:00am to hunt and work in the fields to feed not only their own family but people in their neighorhood. And then they went to school and had after school day jobs. No wonder a man was worth his word and a hand shake meant something back then.

Just heard some crews talking on 123.45 on the tracks that they had to put their flight bags in checked baggage at British airports. They were allowed their manuals, headsets, and one pen and calculator between them.

As someone on the freq said. "Time for ALPA to shut it down."

inline said:
Roosevelt also shook hands with Stalin in '45.
Ho Chi Min was our ally during WWII, unfortunately for our guys going into the early years of the Vietnam conflict, they faced Browning Thompson submachine guns that were leftovers from WWII and 'arms sales'.

During the early war years, the VC relied on a mix of weapons from various sources; captured French and Japanese weapons, US made .30 caliber M-1 (semi-automatic) and M-2 (semi- and full automatic) carbines and the .45 caliber Thompson M1928A1 as well as other SMG's such as the 9mm MAT-49 and the 7.62mm PPSh-41. Many of these weapons came by way of capture as well as international arms sales. However, as supplies from the North began to filter down into RVN, new weapons from the Russians and Chinese began to make their appearance. http://www.gruntonline.com/NVAandVC/nva_vc_smallarms.htm

Think about it, who would have sold the Viet Cong M-1/M-2 and Thompson submachine guns? China?

Latest resources

Back