PLEASE use your full call sign!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hawkered

OPTIONS 913! You guys in that Legacy got everything screwed up the other day on New York departures out of Teterboro. We had an EXECJET 913 that took an altitude change for you that was corrected by another Netjets crew.

YOU ARE NOT "NINE THIRTEEN"! YOU are "OPTIONS 913".

For crying out loud guys, yuou have a company callsign-freakin' well use it!!

a regional pilot said:
Professional pilots know when to use nonstandard phraseology

I hear ya. Too many people think they know how to communicate better than the AIM.

Any more details?

I'm curious how OPTIONS 913 caused EXECJET 913 to take their clearance? Granted, the FLOPS crew should use their full callsign, but how did that contribute to this incident? Am I missing something here?

I'm curious how OPTIONS 913 caused EXECJET 913 to take their clearance?

That's easy. Because it's never EJA's fault. :D

For crying out loud guys, yuou have a company callsign-freakin' well use it!!

Options crews certainly don't have the market cornered on the use of non-standard phraseology. This is a good example of why we should all adhere to the AIM and pilot-controller glossary. But having a brain aneurysm while lashing out at the crew flying OPT913 that day probably isn't the most productive way to communicate your thoughts on the matter.

I could not agree more that you should use your full callsign, but I think I am missing something. How is its Options fault that NJA guy took the clearance?? Did the controller not use Options callsign? What am I missing?

Usually starts with the controller using the call sign, then crew reads back. If you answered someone elses clearence when the controller called, wouldn't that be your own fault. I wasn't there. Not passing blame. More details may be in order before an attack is made.

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL CALL SIGN!!

Even simpler - if you fly a QS aircraft - don't let ATC sucker you into saying '6QS' or '7QS' - use all the digits. I can't tell you how many times there have been two QS planes on the same frequency that have the same 'final' digit!!

Latest resources

Back