• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please Help!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While the sarcasm is noted and appreciated it explicitly states in our FOM that revenue fllight is prohibited with landing gear down.

Try 320 kts extended. Most guys never drop them before 250 due to the loud noise and clunk that scares the paxs.

235 retract
270 extend
320 extended

I think the regs spell it out..

At Chautauqua about 6 years ago, they deferred the gear. The dispatcher planned the flight at the lower altitude, but didn't take into account the extra drag from the gear. The pilots ended up overflying a few places while low on fuel to put it down in a maintenance base. The FAA wasn't happy. This is what happens when an airline has second-rate dispatchers though.

I don't know what dispatcher you are refered too ..dont care.. but I am pretty sure that the PIC and the dispatcher "share joint responsibility" in part 121 work... You might want to read it.. 121.533... so if the dispatchers were second rate.. the pilots were as well.. this is somthing that should have been caught by the flight crew before they even pushed back.. in this case..

Certainly the FAA will be on both for the missed information.. And if the pilots over flew several airports on low fuel.. whats up with that... why did they wait?? maybe they wanted to see how long they could go on phumes?? or where they even paying attention to details until the ECAS and master alarm went off??

Be fair if your going to point the dirty end of the stick... make sure you point it at everyone at fault..

Last edited:
phumes???

What's the big deal here? It was either delaying each flight 3 hours with aircraft swaps... or tacking on 15 more minutes with the gear down. Clear conditions, no icing, no big deal. We don't do it anymore though. The policy changed recently.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back