Please Help! HS Senior in Distress

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clarification

Hey folks, got a few PMs about my ROTC comments. Let me clarify some things. I don't think that the Academy produces 'better' officers than ROTC. I believe that the Academy is a better all around military education. First, I've done things at the Academy that most ROTC cadets don't have the opportunity to do. Next, I've got 4 years worth of friendships and networking when I enter active duty. That's mainly why I feel the education and experiences, at least on the military side, are better here at the Academy. That being said, I understand that my butter bars are no better than a ROTC grads. And I know that there are going to be better ROTC grad pilots and officers. But would I change and go ROTC? Not a chance! Okay, will people stop flaming me now?

Jay

Hi all!

Just wanted to give you a heads up on things; on Thursday I receieved a "letter of assurance" to both Air Force Academy and Naval Academy. I will definitely go Air Force. Once again, thanks for all of your advice and take care!

Leo Romero
El Paso, TX

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge." - USAFA

Congratulations. You'll enjoy it, maybe not all of it or all the time, but when you're done it will have been worth it. Or so I keep telling myself.

Leo,
Keep up the good work, it will pay off. Lots of good info presented to you here, read it again. If you want to drive 2 hours east to Kingsville I'll show you around where we make fighter pilots. They are USN/USMC but it's still not too late to change your mind....
BeanFighter

Re: Clarification

DarinFred said:
. First, I've done things at the Academy that most ROTC cadets don't have the opportunity to do. Next, I've got 4 years worth of friendships and networking when I enter active duty. That's mainly why I feel the education and experiences, at least on the military side, are better here at the Academy.

I liked the being able to go surfing before my AFROTC classes :)
And Jay...I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get back my money (taxes) that's getting you through school. Are you coming to Columbus for pilot training??? :D

Latest resources

Back