Please Help, Central Air Southwest vs. Ram Air Freight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MonkeyWrench said:
not another ram air thread....just search it.

Ram air's maintance is awsome, don't listen to these guys

Yep, they've got the NTSB reports to prove it....we won't mention the multipul 4BW fuel pump issues....

Every plane has its quirks... every plane. It's just like every car has it's quirks. You'll find that at every company under the sun. If not, let me know who they are. Each plane has a personality and issues all its own. That doesn't make it unairworthy. RAF is a good company. i don't know what Pa. Ex situation was. All the people I met there, while I was working at RAF, were very nice. Granted it was the pilots not the mechanics. You need to go to a company where you can trust Mx... RAF is that company.

RAF Mtc is 'OK' but that is it. It is a typical low budget check hauler. They fix what they have to and leave the rest to chance. If you go there, bear that in mind. Get your time in and get out -like the rest of us did. I would ignore any post by Monkey-Butt, he takes every opportunity to slam any and all pilots while butchering the English language. Let his lack of an education be your guide to any Mtc. shortcomings.

NoPax said:
No offense taken so long as its kept constructive

I'm not one of those rip everyone a new one type of guys. Those guys are lame. We would all be better off if this entire board was kept more constructive.

RamDaddy said:
Yep, they've got the NTSB reports to prove it....we won't mention the multipul *** fuel pump issues....

You find an final NTSB report on that plane, and try to blame the maintance for it. On top of a lack of NTSB report you should remember that it was a package express aircraft, Ram air has thier own 145 repair station certifcate. That aircraft was never on it.

And for one more correction, there was only one fuel pump issue. The other time had nothing to do with a fuel pump, unless you expect a fuel pump to be able to pump fuel while the fuel is in the "off" position.

For those in the know, Off is a three letter word, meaning to not be on....

MonkeyWrench said:
You find an final NTSB report on that plane, and try to blame the maintance for it. On top of a lack of NTSB report you should remember that it was a package express aircraft, Ram air has thier own 145 repair station certifcate. That aircraft was never on it.

And for one more correction, there was only one fuel pump issue. The other time had nothing to do with a fuel pump, unless you expect a fuel pump to be able to pump fuel while the fuel is in the "off" position.

You need to re-check your NTSBs.
I promise you don't want to continue this conversation. There are way more maint. issues that were 'glossed over.' It never looked good for the wrenches.

RamDaddy said:
You need to re-check your NTSBs.
I promise you don't want to continue this conversation. There are way more maint. issues that were 'glossed over.' It never looked good for the wrenches.

its funny cause i've had this conversation with plenty of people in person, something i think your not willing to do.

The first problem wasn't the pump. But the engine was sent out for a sudden stop inspection cause it had a nice little thud into the ground. When it came back (with said fuel pump) it ran fine, it ran fine on the test stand to. It was hung with a internal problem. Not anything people at the hanger had anything to do with, or any means of checking. The place that did the inspection competely looked over that pump, and there isn't anything that the people that hung the engine could have done to find that problem, sort of re-doing the sudden stop inspection.

If there was a problem in that hanger i would have no trouble admitting it, but it wasn't. You have some mission to make those people look bad cause your mad about your pay and your boss's additude toward you. Every time you come on a board and say somthing like that, trying to make good people look bad you end up making yourself look more cowardly. Everyone here who cares knows who i am and i never denyed it when they approched me about what i had posted. You on the other hand hide over there waiting for someone to post about ram so you can just bad mouth them.

Pretty much everything i post about pilots is a joke, and i'm sure most of them see that.

If you hate ram so much move on to a new job, i'm sure sense your such an ACE pilot you can land on in no time.

To get back to the original topic of the thread. Most people prolly haven't flown with both, but most of the RAM pilots I still talk to said it was a fine place to build time.

MonkeyWrench said:

:nuts: I finally understand. Can you explain what low and high means while your at it. I know what all these switches do, well, except for that one. Its always been a mystery to me. Care to explain what exactly happened that lead to an NTSB report, some of us are in the dark. Sorry, the thread is getting a bit hijacked here. :puke: Cool, I finally got to use the pukey guy!

I can tell you that I worked at Central Air Southwest and would do it all over again. The experience that you get is priceless. I don't know a whole lot about Ram Air though, but if you have any questions about CASW, just ask.

Does anyone know anything about their minneapolis base? Is it just one run or a couple? How easy would that be to get?

Latest resources

Back