• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please Help, Central Air Southwest vs. Ram Air Freight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is only one Minneapolis run. I think it goes from MSP to MKE, MDW and back I believe. You would probably get MKC or YIP right now as a base. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Don't know about Central. Worked at Ram for 9 months and got out to Chautauqua at a time when almost no one was hiring. Had no issues with MX, the planes were airworthy and I appreciated the GX55s. It was a shock to come to CHQ and have to refresh myself on flying NDB approaches:D

Made friends with a bunch of guys that I still keep in touch with. I'd go back there in a heartbeat if I needed to (and 85 bucks a day is more than they paid while I was there).

Dodge is close, but actually, if you came on right now with CAS you would probably expect YIP or OMA. I know that we have two MKC pilots out covering runs; one in OMA, the other in YIP (maybe GRR). There are also two YIP pilots trying to get down to TX. Those MKC guys will come back here first, and any replacement pilots will go out on those runs. Well, I say "Will go" when it probably should be "Should go!" The TX guys are waiting for the runs down there to open, which may take some time. It can be tough trying to get one particular run/base. Your timing would have to be perfect if MN opened up, but if you gave management a call and told them you'd be interested when that run comes available and for them to call you, then you'd probably have a good chance. ;) Good company; I have no problems with them.

Thank you to all those who responded to this thread, I am going to be starting training at CASW on Nov. 14th, so if any of you CASW guys have any tips/insight about the training it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have zero Aero Commander experience to advice about the airplane would be most welcomed as well..... Thank you all again!!! Oh, and apparently there is a fairly high probability that I will end up at KOMH. KGRR, or KYIP, so any housing recommendations in any of those towns would be great too......

Welcome aboard! See you at MKC. ;)

If you get based in GRR, let me know. I have a room for $280 a month that includes all utilities, cable, and internet. I'll be out of there in November, so let me know and I'll hook you up with the woman who owns the house.

Dodge4SRT said:
...let me know and I'll hook you up with the woman who owns the house.

Wow, kill two birds with one stone, eh?! :D

Hehehe, that's what I'm here for! :)

I wonder if RAM can do that for their pilots...free room and board, $280/mo for the wench

Latest resources

Back