• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please Explain.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shaheen, glad somebody on this site was decent enough to answer your question. Do not take it to heart, there is one certainty, the bad attitude of those goof balls will be their demise. Keep your head up and safe flying.

I don't know if you fly for an airline or not. But, let's say you do- even though, based on the intelligence you imparted on this thread, it doesn’t seem like you do

He simply couldn’t explain and told me sarcastically that I should not be flying if I don’t understand something as basic as ‘oil pressure’.

Twighead is a "real" airline pilot, and a good one at that. Doug_or is not! If regional pilots take everything so seriously we tend to get stressed for no reason. His comment was funny.

He may have been right. Did you have a drivers license before you began flying? You may recall most cars have a oil pressure gauge too that should be checked periodically. So it shouldn't be a new concept.

Shaheen, no problem. I was only kidding about the 'most of it is common sense' part, hence the :smash: hammer similie. :)

For all I know you are some terrorist looking for information.For all I know you are some terrorist looking for information.

LOL! Now that's funny!

I can imagine it already... a terrorist on flightinfo.com reporting back to Osama.

Osama: Hamid, what did you learn from your flightinfo mission?

Hamid: Well, Osama, the regional pilots are all pis$ed of. Their pay is low, and this thing the infidels call "RFP" is a major problem for the regional guys.

Osama: Hmmm, what else?

Hamid: Well, this one infidel who calls himself "General Lee" has been called a "tool" from his fellow members.

Osama: Did you investigate that Comair flight schedule?

Hamid: Yes, I saw the infidels flight schedule.

Osama: Do you want to fly that?

Hamid: Um, no sir.

Osama: Why not?

Hamid: Well, it's got a 06:50L report time, I mean come on, I need to sleep in for my tea and dates.

Osama: oh?

Hamid: Then, the infidel management decided to fly a deadhead leg which doesn't even pay 100%.

Osama: Hmmm.

Hamid: And the layover is in Texas, the heartland of the infidels.

Osama: I see.

Hamid: I don't want it. Comair screw scheduling will junior man me on my day off. How am I suppose to go to my American-Hatred 101 class?

:D

Shaheen, no problem. I was only kidding about the 'most of it is common sense' part, hence the :smash: hammer similie. :)

LOL! Now that's funny!

I can imagine it already... a terrorist on flightinfo.com reporting back to Osama.

Osama: Hamid, what did you learn from your flightinfo mission?

Hamid: Well, Osama, the regional pilots are all pis$ed of. Their pay is low, and this thing the infidels call "RFP" is a major problem for the regional guys.

Osama: Hmmm, what else?

Hamid: Well, this one infidel who calls himself "General Lee" has been called a "tool" from his fellow members.

Osama: Did you investigate that Comair flight schedule?

Hamid: Yes, I saw the infidels flight schedule.

Osama: Do you want to fly that?

Hamid: Um, no sir.

Osama: Why not?

Hamid: Well, it's got a 06:50L report time, I mean come on, I need to sleep in for my tea and dates.

Osama: oh?

Hamid: Then, the infidel management decided to fly a deadhead leg which doesn't even pay 100%.

Osama: Hmmm.

Hamid: And the layover is in Texas, the heartland of the infidels.

Osama: I see.

Hamid: I don't want it. Comair screw scheduling will junior man me on my day off. How am I suppose to go to my American-Hatred 101 class?

:D

Hehe. Far fetched? maybe. But you never know with these guys. Next thing on their list may be to impersonate a flight crew and walk right on an airplane. this would be exactly the type of inromation they would need. And the idiots here would volunteer the information free of charge.

Last edited:
Thats funny stuff,

and who is this Shaheen, and why does he write in weird colours.

Shaheen, I think you should lose the attitude. In this day & age, airline people are taught to be very suspicious of questions from non-airline people. It's been proven that terrorists have been profiling and shadowing flightcrews to gain intelligence. Your questions about how to read a rotation set off my terrorist alarm too. If you don't work for an airline, then quite frankly, it's none of your business.

Don't ask stupid questions on open forums if you don't want to face this skepticism.

I would also suggest you don't insult the intelligence of those who have already achieved a position you have not because you did not like their answer.

It appears that you have a lot to learn about this industry, junior.

and who is this Shaheen, and why does he write in weird colours.

I dunno, but why do you spell colors like an English guy? :D

Hehe. Far fetched? maybe. But you never know with these guys. Next thing on their list may be to impersonate a flight crew and walk right on an airplane. this would be exactly the type of inromation they would need. And the idiots here would volunteer the information free of charge.

Honestly, the information I posted could be found at other places.

Here is a Delta pilot example, posted by a Delta Air Lines pilot:

http://www.jetcareers.com/content/view/30/52/

and

http://www.jetcareers.com/content/view/35/58/

That is much more thorough and indepth than what I posted.

Shaheen, I think you should lose the attitude. In this day & age, airline people are taught to be very suspicious of questions from non-airline people. It's been proven that terrorists have been profiling and shadowing flightcrews to gain intelligence. Your questions about how to read a rotation set off my terrorist alarm too. If you don't work for an airline, then quite frankly, it's none of your business.

Don't ask stupid questions on open forums if you don't want to face this skepticism.

I would also suggest you don't insult the intelligence of those who have already achieved a position you have not because you did not like their answer.

It appears that you have a lot to learn about this industry, junior.

Hey John P,

Come on, that info is readily available if you really want it. See those two links I posted above, and it gives you all the pilot scheduling/bidding information you could want for Delta Air Lines.

Hey John P,

Come on, that info is readily available if you really want it. See those two links I posted above, and it gives you all the pilot scheduling/bidding information you could want for Delta Air Lines.

Including an interpretation guide?

Even if the info is out there, why spoon feed it to someone? Regardless, Shaheen should lose the attitude.

Latest resources

Back