Please do not forget victims of Katrina

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SRJ

Please do not forget to give to the victims of Katrina. With all of the mud slinging going on in the industry, our problems are insignificant compared to the issues being faced on the Gulf Coast. To all the pilots and flight crews affected by Hurricane Katrina, we wish you the best in your time of need. To others, please do not forget to visit the Red Cross website and donate what you can. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all in Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama.

http://www.redcross.org/

1-800-HELP-NOW

Last edited:
Or just sit back

Or, just sit back and let Darwin's Theory play itself out. Let the thugs dehydrate and dystentery. They were told to get out and they didnt listen.

Look at the bright side: Fats Domino was rescued.

Tex.

A lot of those people had little or no means of escape. There are some pretty poor folks in that neck of the woods. I have no sympathy for the thugs and marauders and I hope they all contract some kind of flesh-eating disease and are gone. Society will be a little better off for it. Having said that, the vast majority of these people deserve our help and sympathy. We can argue later on about those who stayed vs. those who left. They are fellow human beings and fellow Americans, and deserve the same compassion and assistance as any of us would in a similar situation. My heart goes out to them.

Lear

I totally agree. These are the poorest of the poor- people who didnt have extra cash for an hotel room or family to stay with.

Some of the stranded are the drs and nurses who stayed behind to help in the now vacant hospital.

You're right said:
Unbelievable-the above thread starts, out of genuine concern, and within five responses it turns into "the company wouldn't let me....." Solid character.

I'm missing your point (sorry!).

Texasskicker said:
Or, just sit back and let Darwin's Theory play itself out. Let the thugs dehydrate and dystentery. They were told to get out and they didnt listen.

Tex.

Texas$hitkicker .... almost everyone dying from dyhydration and dysentary is a NOT thug. In fact they are babies, mothers, fathers and grandparents. I think this is something that we can all relate to. If you cannot well then you are an a$$hole.

It is also kinda hard to leave the city when you have no means of transportation and the government offers no assistance PRIOR to the storm.

It is fortunate that most of Texas has much more compassion for other Americans than yourself. It has given more respect for a state that I USED to think was populated mostly with arrogant fools such as yourself.

TEXAS ROCKS... Keep up the great work and God bless.

Latest resources

Back