planejobs.com member help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

moving2vegas

Looking for the info on a recent posting for a PC-12 pilot in Sacramento. Any members willing to share please PM me with info. Thanks ahead of time.

moving2vegas said:
Looking for the info on a recent posting for a PC-12 pilot in Sacramento. Any members willing to share please PM me with info. Thanks ahead of time.
Planejobs monitors the resumes they receive and will disgard your resume if you are not a member. I would consider joining them if you really want to apply for the position. Just my two cents...

Kathy

yes they do, but... if you get the name of the company you can send your resume directly to the company, not to the planejobs email address listed for the company. Using google or the phone book you can get right around that.

Here is a point.... you can not copy right facts. Thus, your name address and phone number are not protected by copy rights. E=mc2 can not be protected by a copy right. A job ad can not be protected by a copy right. It is a fact. Now if it were a great work of fiction, or an interesting interpretation on history, it could be protected by copy right. But a simple job ad will never be protected by a copy right.

So feel free to post the jobs. I would but I don’t have an account.

Some of the job postings only allow applying through the particular website...some provide an email or fax # independent of the website. Take whatever opening presents itself. Frankly, I think these job websites are a questionable expense.

By the way, hello Kathy...howz the little one ?

cynic said:
yes they do, but... if you get the name of the company you can send your resume directly to the company, not to the planejobs email address listed for the company. Using google or the phone book you can get right around that.

Here is a point.... you can not copy right facts. Thus, your name address and phone number are not protected by copy rights. E=mc2 can not be protected by a copy right. A job ad can not be protected by a copy right. It is a fact. Now if it were a great work of fiction, or an interesting interpretation on history, it could be protected by copy right. But a simple job ad will never be protected by a copy right.

So feel free to post the jobs. I would but I don’t have an account.
Cynic,

The reason that Planejobs went to this model is because members were getting upset that they paid to get the information and others were stealing their jobs and putting them on other websites. The companies could not control the number of resume they were receiving, which, as we all know, they may get hundreds on just one website, let alone getting more than that from several websites.

It has never been about a copyright issue. Further, most companies do not have to hold onto a resume that is sent unsolicited. So, if they get a resume for a position, and it does not come through the website that they selected to run their advertisement, then they will toss it.

It would seem a little suspicious when a resume comes at the very same time that the advertisement was posted. I guess people can do whatever they want to do in a situation like this. I think it might be a waste of time because of the controls put in place.

JMHO,
Kathy

bafanguy said:
Some of the job postings only allow applying through the particular website...some provide an email or fax # independent of the website. Take whatever opening presents itself. Frankly, I think these job websites are a questionable expense.

By the way, hello Kathy...howz the little one ?
The baby is doing great! Thanks for asking!!

Kathy

Kathy,

I'm sure that with a planejobs email account you are correct. But in a quick look thru a dozen or so I didn't see any going to planejobs emails. How could they "monitor" a yahoo email address or fax number and throw out non plane jobs members? Sounds like more work to sort out names that don't match than I'd be willing to do! Also, I have seen items on plane jobs word for word as to what's on trade-a-plane. I figgured that they were taking jobs from other websites as well?

But what I know about comuters isn't much! I can write letters, do spreadsheets, and send email. Much more than that & I call my Brother-In-Law! :eek:

Geigo,

I am not sure what the method is that they use. I can only make a guess since I am not associated with them in any way. The wording they use on planejobs is this:

Your IP Number: xxx.xx.xx.xx and Resume Number: xxxx have been logged.
Information sent to this email address: xxxxx@xxxx.com is monitored

Now, how they monitor this outside of planejobs would be interesting to know. Maybe they only take resumes that actually come from their website. If that is the case, then they need to inform their membership.

I have written an email to their jobmaster to see what the process is. I will report back if I hear anything from them.

Kathy

I subscribe to planejobs and the wording puzzled me too. Thanks for running this down Kathy. You're one of the good ones.

my mistake

sorry, the job PC-12 job I was looking at was posted on climbto350.com, not planejobs. My mistake, still don't have the info but I appreciate all the help.

Latest resources

Back