• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane lands on highway in TN....pilot killed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just saw it on Fox News, plane lands on highway 40 in TN, pilot killed, cant find the story anywhere on the internet.

I wish the media would hurry up and get something online

The weather in that part of TN was low, and deteriorating at the time of the crash. If it wasn't an aircraft problem, my bet would be scud running over the interstate towards better weather further west of the mountains, and hitting a power line.

AWG and total speculation. But not an unusual event in this part of the country.

That would be my best guess too. The ceilings here in TYS weren't too stellar. From what I've read, he was enroute from Sevierville to Little Rock for an airshow appearance.

my bet would be scud running over the interstate towards better weather further west of the mountains, and hitting a power line
Wow ... having driven a lot in that part of the state, the idea of having to thread the mountains in a scud run is terrifying. He must have really been out of options.

God speed, pilot.

Minh

Sad

It is a sad thing that the pilot died but these confederate air force and rich guys are steadily crashing our national heritage. I would like it much better if these things were firmly tied down in a museum.

Skyline

Latest resources

Back