• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane kills beach jogger in SC emergency landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When it is your time, it is your time. Who wants to bet they go after the pilot?

Man, I mean I dont know whether to feel sorry for the jogger or laugh at this situation. Am I cruel?

Whoa whoa whoa! Ok I just reread the article and did anyone else catch this?

Marshall Clary was sitting in his home office overlooking the beach when the crash happened about 6:10 p.m. He said he heard nothing when the plane hit Jones and didn't realize something was wrong until he heard emergency helicopters overhead a short time later. From his back deck,he saw the plane in the water about 100 yards from where emergency responders used a sheet to cover the bloodied body of a man wearing jogging shorts
So let me get this straight... This guy/girl saw the airplane hit the runner on the beach then crash and didn't think anything was wrong until AFTER emergency personnel showed up? I mean, I'm no rocket scientist but even I know a small plane flying 5 feet above the ground hitting somebody is something to be concerned about.

Or am I reading too much into that paragraph?

Last edited:
Whoa whoa whoa! Ok I just reread the article and did anyone else catch this?

So let me get this straight... This guy/girl saw the airplane hit the runner on the beach then crash and didn't think anything was wrong until AFTER emergency personnel showed up? I mean, I'm no rocket scientist but even I know a small plane flying 5 feet above the ground hitting somebody is something to be concerned about.

Or am I reading too much into that paragraph?

I didn't see that he/she actually SAW the plane hit anyone, just that it was coming down. He/she figured out that someone had been hit later when the helos came....

That was my take.

It is a poorly written statement. The first sentence should have been written:

Marshall Clary was sitting in his home office which overlooks the beach when the crash happened about 6:10 p.m.

instead of
Marshall Clary was sitting in his home office overlooking the beach when the crash happened about 6:10 p.m.
He didn't see or hear the crash happen and it wasn't until he went outside that he noticed something wrong:

He said he heard nothing when the plane hit Jones and didn't realize something was wrong until he heard emergency helicopters overhead a short time later. From his back deck,he saw the plane in the water about 100 yards from where emergency responders used a sheet to cover the bloodied body of a man wearing jogging shorts.

Latest resources

Back