• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane crashes into NYC building!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"sounded to me like a truck gearing down".
All experts.....
How do you know that person wasn't an expert witness in the aural interpretation of truck downshifting/engine braking?

I blame A-Rod. Go Sox! A reporter said today that the cause could have been that the plane lost fuel or didn't have enough. I guess the explosion was special effects.

My thoughts and prayers to all involved, a horrible day for aviation, especially GA in the States. Just wondering if anyone knew the instructor involved?

...last page with the "witness's" who saw all sorts of "acrobatics", "zooming up and down", "on fire", "sounded to me like a truck gearing down".
All experts.....

I don't remember the SR20 being approved for aerobatic flight. I know that the SR22 isn't and that they are both not approved for intentional spins.

Thanks to the witnesses we can call off the NTSB, we already know the reason of the crash.

Just like the Jerk who ripped up Meigs field in Chicago, the mayor of NYC wants to ban GA over Manhattan because we're so worried about what a small plane flying VFR can do to a skyscraper. This is nuts.

Watching the 4:30 briefing. This is the same member who was at the Comair accident...

Member Hersman is a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. She holds a commercial drivers license with passenger, school bus, and air brake endorsements. She successfully completed a motorcycle basic rider course and holds a motorcycle endorsement.

Before joining the Board, Member Hersman was a Senior Professional Staff Member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation from 1999 to 2004 where she was responsible for the legislative agenda, oversight and policy initiatives for surface transportation issues, including economic and safety regulation of railroads, truck and bus safety, pipeline safety, and hazardous materials transportation safety. She worked extensively on the Motor Carrier Safety Improvement Act of 1999, the Pipeline Safety Improvement Act of 2002, the Transportation Equity Act of the 21 st Century, the Amtrak Reform and Accountability Act, and numerous transportation safety and security measures.

Prior to her appointment to the Senate Commerce Committee staff, she served as Staff Director and Senior Legislative Aide to Congressman Bob Wise of West Virginia from 1992 to 1999.

Member Hersman earned Bachelor of Arts degrees in Political Science and International Studies from Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia, in 1992, and a Master of Science degree in Conflict Analysis and Resolution from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia, in 1999.

Im NOT making this up: On one media report, they said that "they" (pilot and passenger) were on a sightseeing flight and the "Flight Instructor" was.....well ........female. Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

Latest resources

Back