• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane crashes into Northwest Austin building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm absolutely astounded by the extent of damage I'm seeing in the pictures online. I've always maintained that something like a PA28 couldn't carry enough fuel to cause something like this. Remember the C172 that hit the building in FL shortly after 9/11? The building yawned and shrugged it off. Score:
Building 1, Light Plane 0

I don't want to start a bunch of irresponsible, uniformed speculation (we have the news media for that), but could he have been carrying extra fuel in the cabin? Or, maybe explosives? I certainly hope not as it will give even more ammo to the anti-GA nuts and politicians.

Greg

A drum of fuel was missing from the departure field. There's also a report that he had the rear seats removed.

As soon as I saw the video that morning I knew the explosion was a little large. The guys house going up first is also indicative of a possible cover up.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/19/texas.plane.crash/index.html?hpt=T1

I also find the client list of Stack's software company as curious. He wrote software for the NSA, Homeland Security and other military contractors. The software he was writing? Among other things he worked for Interstate Electronics Corporation, which among other neat gee whiz projects also is developing a GPS-based Fight Management System.

The FBI had the page removed but here is the archive http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:embeddedart.com/customers.htm&ie=UTF-8

Now before anyone jumps on my junk and accuses me of being a tin foil hat wearing nut job... I don't think Stack was kidnapped by men in black and/or his airplane flown by remote control to satisfy some evil overlords agendas.

Yes I did say cover up, but it doesn't have to be a government cover up.

I would like to know why hasn't anyone suggested that since the guy was a seemingly extremely intelligent software engineer for several government contractors developing GPS and remote control aircraft systems, why couldn't the guy set up and program his own aircraft to fly by remote control and then run off to some remote Nicaragua or Thai beach hideaway with his girlfriend?

Think about it, a guy as smart as him, even if he has had enough of the IRS and others, a guy like this isn't going to trip and go postal. He seemed like an independant thinker. His friends are all smart people too. I think he is on a beach somewhere stirring his drinks with his middle finger.

Duh?

:laugh:

But wait it said a drum of fuel was missing....not an empty fuel drum was missing.....maybe I'm not that dense after all? ;)

Perhaps he drained it before refilling? :confused:

Never took you for dense. :)

I have no idea WTF this guy did. Media states a drum was missing; whether it was coincidental or not, he did create quite an inferno. I do like islandhoppers theory though. Im into the conspiracy angle, often. Makes reality seem real.

Latest resources

Back