Plane crash in Kentucky???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fugawe said:
Knowing how to spell helps too..........'situational' was intended word in last post.

mabie a GMS/GPS you have saves you from that spelling disaster.
:laugh:

CE

Be motivated by the fact that if you screw up some arm chair pilot like me will be out there telling people you screwed up.
by KSU
Captain on the Metro is anything but an arm chair pilot, especially if you are single pilot! You tend not to assume things are being handled by the other crew member when there isn't one, lol. Today I operated four legs and I tried to pay attention to everything that took place prior to takeoff, for my SOP we check instruments right after we get the confirmation that the cabin is secure, now I have a real pretty picture of a runway on my ND and do you think that I once looked at this display prior to takeoff, the answer would be no, why, because in my mind, I knew exactly where I was. As far as the airport layout, what were the actual taxi instructions, via A, or A-6, IMHO if you have to utilize one runway to get to another, it's not exactly the best situation.

My other opinion is if ATC would have done the job properly there wouldn't have been an accident.

Flame suit on. :rolleyes:

ksu_aviator said:
I was in LEX little more than a week before the accident. I managed to taxi to the runway, single pilot while copying my clearance and completing checklists in my 15th hour of duty and 7th hour of flight time. That is no joke either nor is it an exageration. When I came to 26, there was a big red sign saying 26. I passed that, took off on 22 and went on my merry way. It was not confusing and it was my first time there in 3 years or more.

While this is impressive, i usually do all that while eating my mourning dounut, drinking a fresh cup of hot coffee, scratching my ever increasingly fat ass, and drooling over the long slender legs of the young lady sitting in the back.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back