• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Placement after AT-SAT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
two friends of mine crossed to the ATC side recently. Both off the streets. 1 took test a few months ago and is at the academy now going to FAT. The other took test about 2 months ago and was picked up at SMF.

off the street

Took the test a couple of months ago. Got a score with-in 10 days. Been waiting for months to get an assignment. Just got an e-mail offering chicago TRACON. I have to call them back tomorrow. Any idea how I could find out about pay and benefits? I am just trying to compare it to my current flying gig. Thanks

Lady jsut called today for the AT-SAT, I was out flying so I have to catch her tomorrow some time.

Anyone know how the medical goes, I couldn't pass the color vision plate test for my flying medical and had to take an different test (farnsworthD-15) and have a letter from the FAA for that.

Also I'm on Blood Pressure meds, I work out every day and am 5'8" 145lbs...jsut everyone in my family has high blood pressure.

I get a first class medical every year, not sure how it equates to the ATC side of the house.

ATC physical is basically a 2nd class FAA medical. However,the FAA in the past )from what I've seen) historicallyhas been reluctant to allow waivers or exceptions for new hires.

ATC physical is basically a 2nd class FAA medical. However,the FAA in the past )from what I've seen) historicallyhas been reluctant to allow waivers or exceptions for new hires.

I figured...I couldn't find much information on any of it, which led me to believe it isn't done often. As for the test, I got an email with the testing day and it is in the middle of a trip, so I won't be able to go...they said I may be able to reschedule sometime in April but it isn't a good month fer me.

Can someone who has recently taken the AT-SAT test give me some guidance and examples on what to expect? I looked at the CTI website but wanted to hear from some recent takers. Thanks

overqual-

The AT-SAT is just a typical aptitude test with some goofy simulations. For a pretty good prep, buy the ATC AT-SAT Test Prep book by a dude by the last name of Mattison. Just search it on amazon. It is the one that is Green and Orange cover for the most part. It also comes with a test prep CD. It gives you a very good idea whats on the test. the CD is a little inaccurate, and is harder than the test, but will give you a good idea what to expect. I warn you not to "overprep" the CD, because you will learn things you will have to unlearn during the test (you will see what I mean when you take the test).

The book and CD were definitely worth every penny. I scored a 98.5.

two friends of mine crossed to the ATC side recently. Both off the streets. 1 took test a few months ago and is at the academy now going to FAT. The other took test about 2 months ago and was picked up at SMF.

was Fresno and Sacramento their first choices?

Latest resources

Back