• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pittsburgh Area Job Openings?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was born and raised in PIT. Went to work for CHQ and later for US Airways -- managed to stay in PIT the whole time.

When the bottom fell out at USAir (and everywhere else in 2001) I ended up having to leave PIT. Ended up in the deep...deeep...DEEEEP south. As far from a Primanti's you can get without a passport.

I miss it.

Hope you have better luck than I did.

Rogers ?

Born and raised in PIT too. But, I had dinner last New Year's eve at Primanti's in FLL, lol.

Yep ROG. There's a primanti's in Florida? I thought it was a Burgh thing. Wierd.

Yeah we held out in PIT as long as we could. Had I gone back to USAir after the furlough we probably wouldn't have stayed in PIT anyway since the crewbase closed. (I hated commuting)

There are a lot of things I miss about that town. I hope to at least take my kid to Kennywood one of these days --I don't know why. Just seems important to me for some reason.

Any additional info??

Answered my own question....

www.bayerjobs.com
Job ID 5129

Division Introduction

Bayer Corporate and Business Services (BCBS) focuses on integrated services in core business areas such as Accounting and Finance, Auditing, Communications, Engineering, Human Resources, Information Systems, Law, Procurement, Tax, Technology and Treasury. If you strive to provide market-competitive, best-in-class solutions and want to contribute to Bayer's success, consider applying for a position in Bayer Corporate and Business Services.
Job Description

Bayer's Corporate Flight Department is seeking a Learjet 60 Captain. The candidate must be a team player able to work effectively in a small flight department and is expected to perform many tasks beyond the cockpit to provide safe, effective services. This position is based in Pittsburgh.

Requirements:
- High School diploma, or GED
- Must have current Airline Transport Pilot License
- Current First Class FAA Medical Certificate
- Learjet 60 Type Rating
- Minimum total flight time of 4,000 hours with 1,000 hours of multi-engine jet aircraft
- Minimum 2,000 hours Pilot in Command time
- Must exhibit strong decision making capabilities
- Excellent communication skills

Preferred:
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years experience working in a part 91 Corporate Flight Department

Yep ROG. There's a primanti's in Florida? I thought it was a Burgh thing. Wierd.

Yeah we held out in PIT as long as we could. Had I gone back to USAir after the furlough we probably wouldn't have stayed in PIT anyway since the crewbase closed. (I hated commuting)

There are a lot of things I miss about that town. I hope to at least take my kid to Kennywood one of these days --I don't know why. Just seems important to me for some reason.

Kennywood, theres some memories there...I take my kids there every summer, a day I truly look forward to. Make it a point to get there, and if they are small enough Idlewild is a great park too.
Potato patch fries with the sound of the whistle from Noahs Ark almost tears me up...

mmm potato patch fries. Ah well. It wasn't the same once they tore down the laser-loop.

I'm still thinking of doing a two week drive when he's a little older. Go up to Cedar Point, visit family in eastern Ohio, then to PIT to show him where we got married (Gateway Clipper) and Kennywood, then over to Hershey Park and finish up in Philly.

Yes, Corporate Air is hiring I think. Voyager just filled a few positions, but not sure if they are still looking for any more? I believe Heinz filled the GIV spot almost 2 months ago. Just read on pilots4rent there are a couple positions open in Washington Co. I think it might be a different company than Skyward.

Can't go wrong with a Primanti's sandwich and a I.C. Light!

Latest resources

Back